God of War Sold Through 3.1m in 3 Days

Started by Xevross, May 03, 2018, 02:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

May 03, 2018, 02:33 PM Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 02:51 PM by Xevross
God of War Sells Over 3.1 Million Units in 3 Days, Becomes Fastest-Selling PS4 Exclusive - PlayStation.Blog

Full PR:

GOD OF WAR SELLS MORE THAN 3.1 MILLION COPIES
IN JUST THREE DAYS

PARIS, France, May 3, 2018 - Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) today announced global sales of GOD OF WAR exceeded 3.1 million copies in the first three days from its exclusive PlayStation®4 (PS4™)*1 launch, making it the fastest-selling first party title on PS4™. Created by Santa Monica Studios of SIE Worldwide Studios (SIE WWS), God of War comes after an eight-year franchise hiatus. Winning huge acclaim, it is now one of the most critically beloved games in PS4 history, with many describing the console debut as a beautiful, bold reimagining of the iconic series.
"I would like to personally thank the millions of fans around the world who decided to hop on Kratos' latest adventure with us. Your support is truly inspiring, and it's a reason why we push ourselves every day to go beyond the boundaries of play. I'd also like to thank our amazing team at Santa Monica Studio. The passion for storytelling across the team is undeniable, and I hope it's clear that we never settle for what's conventional. We look forward to hearing more about how fans are enjoying the game and creating new memories of their favorite God of War gameplay moments that will be remembered for decades to come." said Shannon Studstill, VP, Product Development, Head of Santa Monica Studio, SIE.

God of War Digital Deluxe Edition is available now, including a host of bonus content only available from the PlayStation™Store.

*1 Includes both Blu-ray Disc™ sell-through quantities and download version sales on PlayStation™Store. Sales data collected from 4/20/2018 ~ 4/22/2018.

Xevross

Extremely impressive. It doesn't specify shipped or sold through, so I presume shipped since Sony always makes sold through clear. Still, excellent performance.

I guess there must have been less than 400k on the shelves, which meant it sold through more than Uncharted 4.

BananaKing

Shipped or sold? Big difference. Either way still hugely impressive.

Xevross

May 03, 2018, 02:50 PM Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 02:52 PM by Xevross
Shipped or sold? Big difference. Either way still hugely impressive.
Oh shame, they just clarified sold through. dang, this is phenomenal then. And its holding super well second week too :o

I imagine this will be a bigger PS4 launch than Far Cry 5 or MHW, so the biggest of the year so far.

BananaKing

Oh shame, they just clarified sold through. dang, this is phenomenal then. And its holding super well second week too :o

I imagine this will be a bigger PS4 launch than Far Cry 5 or MHW, so the biggest of the year so far.
fudge. That sold more than uncharted and in less time. 3 days Vs a week. Kratos just kicked Nathan drakes dog.

3.1 million is massive. I really can't believe this lol

DerNebel

Good thing people worried because of UK first week sales.

Legend

3 million in the first 10 days would be crazy. 3 million in just 3 days? Insane.

Sony took their time with this press release. Made everyone think it needed a couple weeks to sell a few million.

ethomaz

It was the best opening for a GoW game in UK, no?

DerNebel

It was the best opening for a GoW game in UK, no?
It was

Xevross

Lol, US must have pulled through big time first week :P

Dr. Pezus

Holy moly. Called it!

Legend

Kerotan

Fantastic sales. UK and Japan only dropped 35% week 2. Second week sales could well be over a million. I'd guess 5m shipped in its first month. Insane sales.

God of war 2 could honestly open 5m plus at this rate. The hype will be through the roof.

Dr. Pezus

Fantastic sales. UK and Japan only dropped 35% week 2. Second week sales could well be over a million. I'd guess 5m shipped in its first month. Insane sales.

God of war 2 could honestly open 5m plus at this rate. The hype will be through the roof.
Only 5m shipped in a month when it will sell well over 4.1m in 10 days??

Kerotan

Only 5m shipped in a month when it will sell well over 4.1m in 10 days??
You think I'm lowballing it?