8th gen vs 7th gen, which has had the better games in your opinion?

Started by Legend, May 02, 2018, 12:07 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

8th
MGSV
GOW
Horizon
The Witness
Botw
Smash Wii U
The Last Guardian
Life is Strange
Nier Automata

7th
Journey
Fez
The Unfinished Swan
Portal 2
Uncharted 1
Uncharted 2
Uncharted 3
PSASBR
GOW 3
Halo 3
Smash Brawl
TLOU
Heavy Rain
Puppeteer
AC 4

7th still has a good lead. 8th has some incredible games but it's lacking in the quantity of just really good games.

the-pi-guy

I've largely been disappointed in 8th gen.  It has some of the best games, but it still feels like it is lacking in quantity.

Xevross

Some weird selective choices for the games you mentioned in the OP. imo Super Mario Galaxy 1, 2 and Odyssey should be there, as well as Bloodborne and TW3... and PSASBR... really? This gen has been better for me because I've had more money and got a lot more games, but I think last gen had more high quality games. I still have a lot from last gen I need to go back and play.

the-pi-guy

Some weird selective choices for the games you mentioned in the OP. imo Super Mario Galaxy 1, 2 and Odyssey should be there, as well as Bloodborne and TW3... and PSASBR... really? This gen has been better for me because I've had more money and got a lot more games, but I think last gen had more high quality games. I still have a lot from last gen I need to go back and play.
Legend didn't like those.  I think they're a teensy bit overrated.  

Xevross

Home console games that I've played and would score 90+/100

Last Gen:

TLOU
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Uncharted 2
Uncharted 3
Diablo 3/ Guild Wars 2 (PC but last gen era)
Mario Kart Wii
AC IV
AC Brotherhood
AC II
COD Black Ops
COD MW2
Smash Bros Brawl
Rayman Legends (sort of both gens but came out last gen first)
God of War 3
Forza 4
Dragon Age Origins
Portal 2
Civ V
Journey

This Gen:

Zelda BOTW
God of War
Horizon ZD
Bloodborne
Super Mario Odyssey
Dragon Age Inquisition
Uncharted 4
Uncharted Lost Legacy
Celeste
Driveclub
MK8 Deluxe
Undertale
AC Origins
Rocket League
Divinity Original Sin 2

I guess last gen was better for me.

Legend didn't like those.  I think they're a teensy bit overrated.  
Ding dong your opinion is wrong.

Legend

Civ V
What console was that on?

I haven't played smg2 so maybe that one would deserve a spot on my lost. I loved sm64.

Never played bloodborne beyond the first area. Cool game but I don't feel like I have time to play the whole thing. Very rarely do I spend a lot of time on games without a focus on progression.

Witcher 3 was pretty awesome and I loved it but with time it's become forgettable.

the-pi-guy

1 deserves like a 94.  It's great, but I don't think it's the bestest game ever.  

Xevross

What console was that on?

I haven't played smg2 so maybe that one would deserve a spot on my lost. I loved sm64.

Never played bloodborne beyond the first area. Cool game but I don't feel like I have time to play the whole thing. Very rarely do I spend a lot of time on games without a focus on progression.

Witcher 3 was pretty awesome and I loved it but with time it's become forgettable.
Well it was last gen era.

I think I have more fond memories of the SMG games because I played them through with a friend and we both absolutely loved it.

Bloodborne is incredible, what is this blasphemy?

Yeah I couldn't really get into TW3 either, but its a favourite of a lot of people so its worth a mention.

BananaKing

7th gen so far. But it's not over yet, 8th gen still has a lot of great games in the way.

Dr. Pezus

7th but this gen has like 3 good years left