Started by Dr. Pezus, Apr 30, 2018, 10:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Dr. Pezus

Apr 30, 2018, 10:26 PM Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 06:16 PM by Dr. Pezus

Legend

Time to reveal the battle royale mode  :P

DD_Bwest

Time to reveal the battle royale mode  :P
lol or red dead online,   so they can sell some kind of cowboy bucks micro transactions lol

Kerotan

Looking forward to it but will only watch a little. Don't want to spoil much of this

BananaKing

Looking forward to it but will only watch a little. Don't want to spoil much of this
Man in super hyped for this game and I know I'm gonna buy it for sure. But I can't help it, the past 2 trailers were amazing and I want to see more of this game. But I also don't want to spoil anything for myself.

I just hope there isn't another delay.

Kerotan

Man in super hyped for this game and I know I'm gonna buy it for sure. But I can't help it, the past 2 trailers were amazing and I want to see more of this game. But I also don't want to spoil anything for myself.

I just hope there isn't another delay.
I watched the first trailer and a little of the second. I'll watch 20 seconds of the third.

Legend

Well if no one else is going to post it  :P

edt: the graphics are all over the place.

Xevross

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

GTA IV engineer on why realistic physics and AI don't advance at such a rapid pace | ResetEra

This a year-old article but I think it's relevant now after seeing the backlash against RDR2's graphics when Rockstar is more focused on AI and interactivity in RDR2. "By the end of GTA4 we had characters that could be shot, grab and react to the wounds, stagger about over uneven streets while still firing their weapons back at the player - with realistic gun shot recoils being fed back into physics - all entirely dynamically simulated. And this was then being applied to every NPC in the whole game. It was a huge deal - and phenomenal responsibility - for us. By comparison, another project using Euphoria on a different physics engine was constantly fighting instability and had to use layers of additional - and sometimes unpredictable - cheat forces to achieve a level of control." So results varied from project to project, it was more computationally expensive than traditional methods, and not every studio can just hire a pet scientist. Not only that, it's something that's difficult to sell to a customer, too. Painstaking recreations of real-world locations offer the promise of virtual tourism. Gameplay gimmicks provide a hook. 'Realistic ragdolls' isn't exactly something developers can slap on the box, so most just choose to not bother with the costly, time-hungry process. More traditional, tailor-made animations are also much more gameplay trailer-friendly, and it's difficult to establish a consistent style when a dynamic simulation wrestles control from canned animations in specific circumstances."I think in the triple-A arena it's harder for these things to advance at such a rapid pace," Denholm muses. "Graphics sells, so having it as a priority is an easy choice for research and investment. Complicated, unproven control systems or intricate AI can take much longer to build and prove out - and sometimes, if they do work really well, they will often fade into the background of a game experience, unnoticed or underappreciated. Putting believable, dynamic, reactive characters in a fun sandbox world took us years to get right - it requires the trust and belief from all involved that it will be worth the journey." More in the articlehttps://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-12-one-thing-about-gta4-has-never-been-bettered Rockstar has stated that they spent 6 years rewriting their AI system for RDR2. I hope it pays off. The industry needs advancements in this aspect. It's really sad to see Rockstar spending 6 years to work on AI, and now people are complaining and saying:"8 years of development and still bad graphics?"  

Kerotan