Epic shutting down Paragon on April 26, offering full refund for all purchases

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 26, 2018, 11:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Epic shutting down Paragon on April 26, offering full refund for all purchases | ResetEra

Via the official Epic Games website: https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/en-US/news/paragon-to-close-on-april-26
Hey Everyone, It's with heavy hearts we've decided to close down Paragon. We truly appreciate everything you've put into Paragon. We received many passionate ideas for where to take the game; the outpouring of thoughtful suggestions is another testament to this incredible community. After careful consideration, and many difficult internal debates, we feel there isn't a clear path for us to grow Paragon into a MOBA that retains enough players to be sustainable. We didn't execute well enough to deliver on the promise of Paragon. We have failed you -- despite the team's incredibly hard work -- and we're sorry. To try to make this right, Epic is offering a full refund to every Paragon player for every purchase on any platform. This refund will come directly from Epic rather than your platform provider. To request your refund, follow these steps:
  • If you're not playing on PC, link your Epic account (create one if necessary).
  • If you play on PC, or have already linked your Epic account, you can request your refund here.
We'll continue operating Paragon servers until April 26, 2018. As the player population continues to  decrease, matchmaking times and quality will further degrade. Thank you for joining us on this journey and for your dedication to Paragon.Click to expand...

Legend

Oh fudge that sucks. Paragon was the only moba I had any interest in even trying. Also didn't they just have a relatively big update?

Xevross

I guess it was just another moba when there's already plenty and most people have found their favourites.

All about the fortnite train.

darkknightkryta

Only game of 2017 I played would be Horizon.  Well I think Tekken came out in 2017, but I didn't really play it, my friend was playing it for me.  I'll go with Horizon.

BananaKing

i remember when sony thought that having this game as their closing for PSX was a "drop the mic" moment.