Thread for random predictions you want to make

Started by DerNebel, Nov 23, 2017, 03:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

DerNebel

I want to make some longterm predictions, so if they happen I can tell people "See, I said this all along". You're free to do the same.

1. I predict that the PS4 will end its life with no less than 4 Sony published 10 million sellers.

2. I predict that no less than 5 PS4 games will sell a million units or more in Japan during the systems lifetime.

Dr. Pezus

Second prediction is a bit bold, no? How do things stand now?

I predict that ps4 will become sonys second best selling system

I predict that black Friday sales this year for consoles will be big

I predict that vizioneck in some form finally comes out late 2018

the-pi-guy

That last one.  Bold.  

Cute Pikachu

I agree with the second one Der
Monster Hunter World
Dragon Quest 11
Final Fantasy 15
Final Fantasy 7R
KH3

My bold prediction is the Switch will have 2 10 Million sellers by the end of the year(Mario and Mario Kart)

Xbox One does not gain much anywhere outside the US.

Battlefront 2 is the 2nd biggest AAA flop of the year.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

DerNebel

I actually think that the first predction is the bolder of the two.

Currently the PS4 has 2 million sellers in Japan, once MHW releases it will have 3. Pikachu already mentioned the ones I was mainly thinking of but there are more potential candidates:

Minecraft (that game just keeps on selling)
RDR2 (the last Rockstar openworld game sold like 1.5 million units in Japan  growing exceptionally from its predecessor)
GTAVI (if it happens, it's gonna be huge in Japan as well)
Death Stranding (MGS was big in Japan, so this should at least have a shot at being big as well)
MHW2 (should this Monster Hunter be successful on PS4, I could easily see Capcom releasing a sequel or something to it in the next 2 years)
Ghost of Tsushima, Sony Japan JRPG (ok, this is really just wishful thinking)

Legend

Portable systems will make a comeback thanks to the switch.

The Game Awards will be better than PSX this year.

Dr. Pez isn't winning his VizionEck bet.

the-pi-guy

I feel like there's a chance that Ghost of Tsushima might come out before The Last of Us 2.  

DerNebel

I predict that in less than 24 hours we will have seen Death Stranding gameplay.  8)

the-pi-guy

Portable systems will make a comeback thanks to the switch.
Vita 2 here we come.
Nikkei: Sony's Head of Corporate Planning, "We can't ignore 'competition like' the Nintendo Switch" | ResetEra

MOD EDIT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING Nightengale said:  
Worth iterating... No console war posts. Also, read the OP/article clearly. He's speaking of Switch from the perspective of a strong competition having an influence over their own momentum in hitting their profitability targets for the PS4. There's nothing to take away from this interview at this point of time that points to a Vita 2/PS5 Portable.Click to expand...
Link: https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Co...gins-with-record-profit-Planning-chief?page=1 These are the only relevant quotes from Nikkei interviewing Kazuhiko Takeda, Sony's Head of Corporate Planning:
Q: So it's possible Sony could exceed its profit forecast?A: At the moment, we can say with certainty that 630 billion yen is achievable. But even our strongest operations have issues to be tackled. Our greatest risk now is losing our intensity.Q: What sort of issues? (...) At our gaming business, sales of the PlayStation 4 are strong heading into the holidays. But we can't ignore the Nintendo Switch, which has also captured consumers' attention. Our business model involves selling both the game console and the software for it, so we're working to get more customers paying continuously for content, for example through paid subscription services.Click to expand...

DerNebel

I predict that in less than 24 hours we will have seen Death Stranding gameplay.  8)
I guess I was wrong on that one.

Legend

I guess I was wrong on that one.
But maybe some of that was gameplay?

A few shots felt like they had the camera in a third person angle.