Nintendo Community Thread

Started by Legend, Jul 26, 2014, 04:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Super Smash Bros for Switch leak:

Xevross

Vita has great sticks for mobile. Way better than the psp nub.
I like the vita ones  :o

I mean, it's not PS4 quality but for a mobile device it's amazing

Agreed but playing shooters like Uncharted on vita was horrible because it was still quite hard to be precise. Switch is only slightly better.

The way they get around it is motion controls for more precise aiming, which once you get used to it works really well.

Dr. Pezus

OMG they brought all the fan favorites back!

Agreed but playing shooters like Uncharted on vita was horrible because it was still quite hard to be precise. Switch is only slightly better.

The way they get around it is motion controls for more precise aiming, which once you get used to it works really well.
Yup. To be fair I didn't play many shooters on Vita. But uncharted worked well with motion control added indeed

darkknightkryta

No Goku, no buying.

Legend

Uncharted Golden Abyss is one of my favorite games but yeah without gryo it'd be a lot worse.

the-pi-guy

I'm really impressed with how good Super Mario Odyssey looks.  

Dr. Pezus

You have it?

Legend

I'ved heard mixed things about odyssey. Need to play it!

the-pi-guy

You have it?
My brother in law has it.  I only got to play it for a little while.  It's pretty cool.  

Xevross

Its gorgeous. Feels amazing to play as well, controls are incredible and the gameplay is always fun. Everytime I'm reminded of the game I have an extremely strong desire to play it again, that's not very common for me.

I'ved heard mixed things about odyssey. Need to play it!
Yes you do! Everyone does!

Xevross

Tried the Octopath demo and I absolutely love it. Wasn't really on my radar but saw an advertisement on Facebook and thought I'd give it a try, really glad I did. Can't wait to play this one now!

My opinion of Mario Tennis has rapidly gone downhill, I'm not really liking it much any more. Wouldn't recommend it.

Legend

Octopath traveller seems so "generic" every time I see a trailer.

Awesome that you loved the demo since I've been hoping it'd be a surprise hit. (I know many fans have loved it since the first announcement, but it'd be a surprise for me)

Xevross

Octopath traveller seems so "generic" every time I see a trailer.

Awesome that you loved the demo since I've been hoping it'd be a surprise hit. (I know many fans have loved it since the first announcement, but it'd be a surprise for me)
I read good stuff at E3 but still never really piqued my interest. It's just really great. The story telling, dialogue and voice acting is top notch and I love the battle system. It's the classic JRPG turn based stuff but with its own unique elements.

The 8 characters all with their own story that you can play sounds great too.

Xevross

Lets Go interview points:

• The main reason why Pokémon Let's Go doesn't have wild battles is to make it similar to Pokémon GO.
  • However, that's not the only reason. Masuda thinks that the classic catching mechanics may be too difficult for some players, so they wanted to simplify the captures by introducing the GO mechanics.
  • This was a controversial decision even at Game Freak, but Masuda says that as he is the director it's "his responsibility".
  • It appears that the fishing minigame has also changed and now you waggle the worm.
  • They need to keep trying new things for Pokémon or the gameplay will stale.
  • They intend to continue experimenting with new gameplay styles and some of them may also generate the same kind of controversial discussions.
  • They are open/listening to feedback, both positive and negative, for consideration for the future.
  • When asked about the graphical style of Let's Go, Masuda responded that he chose the style to be more fantasy like, not realistic, and so parents could more instantly recognise it as Pokémon, and a safe game, at a glance when peering in to check on their kids from another room.
  • Pokémon CP are different in LGPE and in GO. A Pokémon with the same CP number in both games will be stronger in GO.
  • This time the person in charge of the music is Shota Kageyama. They decided to use classical instruments with the goal to relax players while listening and create the vision of a peaceful world.
  • Alola forms won't appear in the wild in LGPE, however there may be a way to obtain them without Pokémon GO...

Holy hell I want to bang my head against a wall. Pokemon is a series which has got way too easy recently and they still think its too hard? If they're this clueless how do they keep designing good games, is it just luck??

Legend

Switch confirmed

Go Up