PlayStation Studios Development

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 27, 2015, 08:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Yeah it seems like this year and next year are the next big cycle for Sony games. Since games are taking 3-4 years + now, this means these companies can be perfectly ready for some titles early in PS5's life. It'll be Guerrilla, ND and Sucker Punch who will be late to the party as they release games late on PS4.
Is Horizon 2 rumored for PS4? I figure it'd be a pretty good candidate for a next gen launch title.

And yeah if PS5 transition doesn't slow down development too much, a 2021 could be pretty solid. Anything earlier and it'd really help to have 2nd/3rd party help to fill in the gaps.

I've been saying for years that Sony supported the PS3 for way too long, I can think of at least a 3 late PS3 games that imo would have been better suited as early PS4 titles.
It's a tough call. Send out the old system with a bang so people have more confidence in the new system and its future, or abandon the old and push the new. Switch was the opposite of PS4 and both strategies seem to be viable.

I mean sure TLOU as a PS4 launch exclusive would have been incredible but the system was selling out anyway.