Recent Posts

Pages[1] 2 3 ... 10
Off-Topic News Discussion / Re: SpaceX and rockets general...
Last post by Legend - Yesterday at 11:02 PM
It blows my mind that the amount of people that think SpaceX isn't impressive has increased over time.

I thought for sure that the Falcon Heavy launch would mostly be the end of the denial yet nope.
Gaming Community / Re: What do you miss about gam...
Last post by Xevross - Yesterday at 10:59 PM
Ooh and instruction booklets/ mini game manuals with loads of pictures and detail that came in game boxes. Those were awesome
Last post by Xevross - Yesterday at 10:50 PM
Man cheat codes were fun. Passing notes to your friends or having them round to show some that you found. Lots of couch co-op fun too.

Oh and the shaming games, I think back to so many games I loved as a kid and when I look them up I'm always shocked at how poorly they reviewed. Guess I didn't care so much back then.
Gaming Community / Re: PlayStation Community Thre...
Last post by Legend - Yesterday at 09:17 PM
Plus now there are more games set in Egypt and it's a bit too similar to Greece imo
First gow had the desert area that felt a lot like egypt.
Last post by Dr. Pezus - Yesterday at 08:51 PM
I swear I read this month's ago. Anyway, glad they went with Norse, it's so much more interesting.
Plus now there are more games set in Egypt and it's a bit too similar to Greece imo
Off-Topic Community / Re: General Discussion Thread
Last post by nnodley - Yesterday at 07:55 PM
So who else plays Magic: The Gathering?  Bunch of my friends went to a game shop in vancouver to buy some more cards and ended up buying a starter deck from the core 2019 sets.  It's super fun.  Told myself I would never get into it cause it can be a money pit, but I think I still start working on a few decks that are pretty good without spending too much.
Last post by Legend - Yesterday at 07:18 PM
The new God of War was nearly set in Egypt, Cory choose Norse | ResetEra

Very interesting

According to Cory Barlog, they first started discussing the idea of a new God of War game in the same year when Ascension was released. The development team was equally divided in picking the mythology for the new God of War. Half of them wanted to go with Norse myth while the other half wanted to tackle Egyptian myth. Cory was the tie-breaker here and he picked Norse myth for his vision of God of War.Click to expand...
https://gearnuke.com/god-of-war-egypt-myth-vs-norse-myth-concept-art/
(​IMG) 
Last post by the-pi-guy - Yesterday at 05:42 PM
Cheat codes > microtransactions.  

That one is absolute.  

Not cheat codes per se, but Jak and Daxter had a menu for cheats that you'd unlock through the game.  Stuff like unlimited ammo if you got 200 orbs I believe.  
Last post by Ludicrous Speed - Yesterday at 05:30 PM
The mystery about games. Especially fighters and action games. Move lists had to be discovered and memorized. Now there are easy to find videos on the internet. Hell I remember spending tens of hours on the Tony Hawk PS1 demo not having any idea that the game had special moves. I read it in a Gamepro or Gamefan and it blew my mind.

Lack of Internet also lead to many unknown huge games. Speaking of Tony Hawk, when I asked my EB Toys or GameStop associate,  idr which store it was, if they had THPS in stock his response was basically laughter because of course they had copies, who'd wanna buy Tony Hawk you moron. Low and behold the game blew up huge. Just doesn't seem like that happens much at all anymore.

Cosmetics you'd unlock via cheat codes or by playing. My all time favorite game is probably MGS and you could unlock a tux to play the game in. Nowadays that'd be $5.

Also, car combat games.
Pages[1] 2 3 ... 10