The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Legend

the-pi-guy

Legend

the-pi-guy

Legend

Does crowbcat tend to be negative?  
Really cool video.  :o
Almost all their videos are compilations of stupid/bad things within modern games. I expected this video to be showing how the VR game is inferior, not the opposite.

Was really surprised. VR shooters are almost too realistic! Imagine the hype 5 years ago if devs announced a shooter where you could grab enemy ammo, bat grenades with your gun, toss weapons to your teammates, peak over any surface and hide behind any object, dual wield and shoot each gun different directions, etc. It'd sound like the most ambitious game ever!

the-pi-guy

Was really surprised. VR shooters are almost too realistic!
Well that's what I've been saying.   Yet you guys all think I'm just some kind of fanboy.  8)

the-pi-guy

Sony-backed Japan Display launches new high-end VR screens that could power PSVR 2 | VentureBeat

Even if VR hasn't exploded like people expected, it's still trucking along.  Which is awesome.  

I think it was in Super hot, there's a part where you have to shoot yourself.  That felt messed up.  

There's been a couple games where I literally think VR is too convincing.

the-pi-guy

Superhot is ridiculously intense.  I'm sweating.  At a couple points while playing, I literally got on my knees to hide behind cover.  

Legend

Superhot is ridiculously intense.  I'm sweating.  At a couple points while playing, I literally got on my knees to hide behind cover.  
How does it handle collision detection with your body?

the-pi-guy

Haven't really messed around with it to see how it works.  
I'm guessing it's basically just a hitbox from the headset to the ground.  Not sure if it takes hand position into consideration, but I'll try messing around with it.  

Legend

Haven't really messed around with it to see how it works.  
I'm guessing it's basically just a hitbox from the headset to the ground.  Not sure if it takes hand position into consideration, but I'll try messing around with it.  
Yeah that's one thing "difficult" about VR. Like leaning around a corner seems smart but does the game treat that as standing in the open? At least in a single player game you can make it smaller so players don't feel cheated.

the-pi-guy

Dad keeps asking to play Brass Tactics.   ;D
Kind of awesome.  Think it's the only non-mobile game he's played in a few years.

the-pi-guy

Dad paid me money to get the full Brass Tactics game.  

I tried it out today.  

Learned a couple of things about the game that I didn't realize.  There's a lot of customization in terms of what units you use, and there is a few color options that I didn't realize existed.  

Really cool. Had a lot of fun on the new maps.  

the-pi-guy

Both of my brothers, dad and me are wanting to play Brass Tactics.  

This has gotten too popular.  

Go Up