PS4 Sells 73.6m as of December 31st 2017 (5.9m in Holiday Season, Down YOY)

Started by Xevross, Jan 09, 2018, 12:42 AM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

PlayStation 4 Sells 5.9 Million Units Worldwide During The 2017 Holiday Season

I was wondering when this would be announced. A bit lower than I was expecting but still, this means 2017 sales were 20.2m which is incredible.

PS4 sales history:

2013: 4.2M
2014: 14.3M / 18.5M
2015: 17.4M / 35.9M
2016: 17.5M / 53.4M
2017: 20.2M / 73.6M

Xevross

Interestingly, this means that Black Friday + Cyber monday weeks were 2.9m, and the other 4 december weeks in total were 3m. Those two weeks just keep getting bigger and bigger.

the-pi-guy

300k down!  

My prediction was a solid boat.  (Even though there wasn't that much to predict...)

Let's start 2018 predictions!!!

Xevross

300k down!  

My prediction was a solid boat.  (Even though there wasn't that much to predict...)

Let's start 2018 predictions!!!
I'm predicting it'll be slightly down this year - 19m.

ethomaz

I expected a bit over 20m for the year... so that is it.

Mmm_fish_tacos

So a year till it passes ps/360?

Legend

Title made me think it was down yoy for the full year so yay that it's not!

So a year till it passes ps/360?
Those are around 86 million I think. Fun to think that PS4 will already be passing them.

Xevross

Title made me think it was down yoy for the full year so yay that it's not!
But you should have known its up overall YOY anyway you silly

ethomaz

GameStop article made everybody thinks PS4 is down yoy too with a terrible year.

Sad it is only 3 million units up lol probably half of XB1 2017 sales.

DerNebel

See? Around CES, like I said. :p

Dr. Pezus

DerNebel

Can I just say that I'm somewhat over PS4 Hardware sales? They are great every quarter, we get it (plus with the system reaching maturity they should start going down going forward anyways). What I want from Sony is information on the sales of specific software titles.

Give me an update on Horizon, Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, tell me what GT Sport sold! Feed my need for information Sony, dang nabbit. >:(

Legend

Can I just say that I'm somewhat over PS4 Hardware sales? They are great every quarter, we get it (plus with the system reaching maturity they should start going down going forward anyways). What I want from Sony is information on the sales of specific software titles.

Give me an update on Horizon, Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, tell me what GT Sport sold! Feed my need for information Sony, dang nabbit. >:(
I still like seeing the PS4 LTD number grow, but I agree that per quarter it's not too interesting anymore.

ethomaz

GTS actually has 3,973,649 unique profiles in gran-turismo.com (yesterday morning count).

1-999999: not working - error (I tried numbers like 1, 01, 0000001 or similar)
1000000-4973649: all valid profiles

I'm extracting them to group by country... it will take some days but I will post the results.

Cute Pikachu

Yeah, not to rattle anyone but that's what I like about Nintendo's financial dates. Anyway I want to see how the most successful flop of the century(Gran Turismo Sport) did dang it!
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new