Killer Instinct (Season 1) Retail Release (September 23rd, $19.99)

Started by ethomaz, Jul 31, 2014, 04:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

It's safe to say that the resurrection of Killer Instinct has been a huge success. One of the launch games for Xbox One, the action-packed fighter has proven extremely popular; it was recently featured as one of the main events of this month's massive Evo 2014 fighting game tournament.

The pain train is still running full steam ahead, too: Microsoft Studios and the development team at Iron Galaxy is releasing a special retail version of the game, "Killer Instinct: Combo Breaker Pack" starting September 23 for $19.99.

The pack comes loaded with the game all eight fighters from Season 1. That's Jago, Sabrewulf, Glacius, Thunder, Sadira, Orchid, Spinal, and Fulgore - giving you plenty of choices for obliterating your opponents - PLUS a code for a bonus fighter from Season 2 - TJ Combo.

And that's just a piece of the exciting news being announced in anticipation for when Killer Instinct: Season 2 hits Xbox One this later this year. So get those C-C-C-COMBO BREAKERS ready, people!

ethomaz

I played it some times and it is a good fighting game... just not good enough to compare with original or others competitive fighting games (SFIV and MK9 are better).

7H3

Tekken and virtua fighter are the best fighters IMO
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

ethomaz

Tekken and virtua fighter are the best fighters IMO

I meant new fighting games... Tekken and Virtua Fighter last releases was years ago.

Max King of the Wild

This should have been a retail release from the beginning. Remember all those conversations making it seem like digital was so much better because you get to buy as many characters as you want without having to pay extras for the ones you didn't? Bleh. Glad Ms gained some sense

Dr. Pezus

This should have been a retail release from the beginning. Remember all those conversations making it seem like digital was so much better because you get to buy as many characters as you want without having to pay extras for the ones you didn't? Bleh. Glad Ms gained some sense

And then they have only 8 characters available? Wat

Legend

I like seeing digital only games get retail releases.

Max King of the Wild

I like seeing digital only games get retail releases.

Because.. Any particular reason?

Legend

Because.. Any particular reason?

Allows more people to play them. Most next gen systems are connected online, but still a lot of people only buy discs.

Dr. Pezus

Allows more people to play them. Most next gen systems are connected online, but still a lot of people only buy discs.

Especially in Europe