Deep Silver Acquires Homefront IP from Crytek (Developing In-House)

Started by ethomaz, Jul 30, 2014, 04:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

7H3

was the first homefront any good? I know that Dead Island 1 and Riptide used the cryengine so at least one studio has experience with the engine...
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Dr. Pezus

was the first homefront any good? I know that Dead Island 1 and Riptide used the cryengine so at least one studio has experience with the engine...

Dead Island did not use the Cry Engine. They used their own engine (Chrome Engine). Decent engine but very buggy it seems

nnodley

Probably doesn't make a big difference.

Way to crush my heart!! :-p But yeah probably not since it's releasing in the beginning of next year right?  If gameplay is solid and fun and story is pretty good I might buy it.  Who knows.

7H3

Dead Island did not use the Cry Engine. They used their own engine (Chrome Engine). Decent engine but very buggy it seems

are you sure? I remember seeing the cryengine logo on that game... but it has been a while

BananaKing

So does this mean the new Homefront will be good then?

no. its still with the same team basically of cryteck UK, but they will have some changes. but this game started with THQ, continued with Cryteck and will end with Deep Silver. do you really believe it will be any good?

ethomaz

are you sure? I remember seeing the cryengine logo on that game... but it has been a while

Unless the second game changed the Engine... Pezus is right.

7H3

maybe I just saw the chrome engine and thought it said cryengine... :/

Go Up