God of War |OT| Now on PC

Started by Xevross, Apr 11, 2018, 05:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

It's weird.  With Nintendo, I don't mind if there's no story.  But for a lot of other games, even if I love the story, I feel weird thinking about them without their stories.  Not sure if I'd play them, but I probably still would.  
*shrugs*

I think most companies have pretty good gameplay.  I wouldn't put any to be "the best" though.
Like I love Mario Kart Wii, put hundreds of hours into it.  But, I don't think I'd just say yep this is the best.  I think Modnation Racers is pretty comparable.  

I would say Nintendo probably has the best platformers. But aside from that a lot of companies do great gameplay.
Yeah I know what you mean.

My favourite melee combat is probably God of War now. My favourite ranged combat is probably Horizon.

Gameplay overall is BOTW without a shadow of a doubt. Second place to that are the Super Mario 3D games. I have no hesitation in saying Nintendo makes the best gameplay overall for me.

Legend

It's weird.  With Nintendo, I don't mind if there's no story.  But for a lot of other games, even if I love the story, I feel weird thinking about them without their stories.  Not sure if I'd play them, but I probably still would.  
That's a good point. I really don't care in the slightest for shooters and what not without a story and god of war is the first time in a very long time I'm enjoying playing challenges just for the sake of the challenge.

Yet Nintendo like games feel perfectly fun to me even though they are also mostly just gameplay.

Legend

Xevross

I just watched it. That's some extremely high praise. He says its the highest 9/10 he can give, and that only a few things make it fall short of a 10.

Kerotan

I just watched it. That's some extremely high praise. He says its the highest 9/10 he can give, and that only a few things make it fall short of a 10.
It was a good review. 95 on meta so by his review he may have went higher then the average.

Xevross

It was a good review. 95 on meta so by his review he may have went higher then the average.
Yeah seems like he pretty much agrees with 95 but his 10s are super super rare.

Xevross

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

Digiato 10/10
GameSkinny 10/10
PCMag 4/5

None on meta, all three on open.

Xevross

Its only just holding on to 95 on both Open and Meta, but the overall average I'm keeping shows that it should be well clear of 94. Rigged confirmed.

Xevross

GameCritics 7.5/10. Oh my god, we might actually stay all positive here! I wasn't expecting more than a 7 from these guys.

Drops 5 places on the all time list. #61 to #66. Not too bad, clearly GameCritics weighting is way less than half of Edge's. 95 is still possible, just need mostly 10s from the last 10 reviews or so.

the-pi-guy

Go Up