2 (22.2%)
mostly depends on the game
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Dr. Pezus

I mean like the PS2 emulator, or PSP

ethomaz

I mean like the PS2 emulator, or PSP

I never used the PS2 emulator :( but these are 3D graphics already.

Dr. Pezus

I never used the PS2 emulator :( but these are 3D graphics already.

Indeed.

It's really nice to see PS2 games in 1080p. Played a bit of Shadow of the Colossus, ICO, Kingdom Hearts and FFX and then they were all remastered :D

the-pi-guy

I've been playing Tomb Raider at 20-30 frames, and Dead Space at 20 fps.
Overall looks good for me. 

Skyrim been playing at 30 -35 mostly, and if I'm looking at a wall 60 fps. 

I tried FRAPS, and it seems to me that frame rate isn't the big thing.  Most of the time 30 fps looks pretty great on Skyrim, but then other times it starts to look jittery despite FRAPS showing a pretty constant framerate. 

Legend

I've been playing Tomb Raider at 20-30 frames, and Dead Space at 20 fps.
Overall looks good for me. 

Skyrim been playing at 30 -35 mostly, and if I'm looking at a wall 60 fps. 

I tried FRAPS, and it seems to me that frame rate isn't the big thing.  Most of the time 30 fps looks pretty great on Skyrim, but then other times it starts to look jittery despite FRAPS showing a pretty constant framerate. 

FRAPS shows the average framerate over multiple frames. This gives a much cleaner result, but yeah it also hides jitter.

Hynad

60fps is ALWAYS ideal. 30fps is good if perfectly locked. But a locked 60fps is silky smooth and makes everything feel much better to the eyes and controls.

I prefer a perfectly smooth framerate to a high resolution. But I'm hoping we'll get both in more and more games this gen. Playing TLOUR in 60fps improves the experience tremendously. I wouldn't have believed so before playing the game, since 30fps was perfectly fine on the PS3 version. But having experienced both now, I can say it makes a big difference. I wouldn't go back.

BasilZero

60 FPS all the way.

However for consoles if it takes sacrifice of 30 FPS for 1080p I wouldnt mind.

Although I've played my share of games in 720p and 30 FPS - or at least I think I did ;o.

The better FPS and better resolution/definition - the better the in depth experience imo.

Go Up