The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Go Down

the-pi-guy

PSVR core bundle now includes camera.
Other bundle $450 now.

SWORDF1SH

PSVR core bundle now includes camera.
Other bundle $450 now.
Wow, I just beat you to posting this news by 2 seconds

the-pi-guy

Wow, I just beat you to posting this news by 2 seconds
I saw the news a couple hours ago and didn't want to take the time to post, until someone bumped the VR thread.  

Legend

Updated PSVR unit announced - NeoGAF

HDR pass through, plus some minor changes. Linky
Is there a new PlayStation VR model? How is it different?
 A hardware update to PlayStation VR is being prepared. The new version, model number CUH-ZVR2, features an updated design that enables the stereo headphone cables to be integrated with the VR headset and a slimmer, streamlined connection cable. There’s also an updated Processor Unit that supports HDR pass through, enabling users to enjoy HDR-compatible PS4 content on a TV without having to disconnect the Processor Unit in between the TV and the PS4 system. This function can be used only when the VR headset is turned off.When will the new PS VR model become available in North America? How much will it be?
 We will share details on the launch timing in North America at a later date. The pricing of the PS VR bundles will remain the same.How can I distinguish between the old PS VR headset and the new one when I’m purchasing?
 The packaging for PlayStation VR will change slightly when the new model hits stores. To differentiate, look for the model number printed on the box. The previous PS VR’s model number is CUH-ZVR1, and the new PS VR’s model number is CUH-ZVR2. Also, the product image on the packaging will be updated to show changes on the new model, like the integrated headphones on the VR headset.If I already own a PS VR, can I swap out my old Processor Unit with the updated one?
 Because the cables of CUH-ZVR1 and CUH-ZVR2 are different, you cannot swap the Processor Units.Are the PS VR games I already own compatible with the new model?
 Yes, all PS VR games are compatible with both PS VR models.

the-pi-guy

Hands-On: Skyrim VR Without Teleportation Is Much More Immersive

"The fact that I was actually playing Skyrim and not just a watered down iteration sunk in when I opened up the map screen during my latest demo. Rather than just panning across a flat map like you do in the base game, in Skyrim VR you actually get to fly across the world, Google Earth VR style, and choose your destination that way. Zooming over to the tip of the Throat of the World or any of the other amazing locations with an eagle eye view, only to then fast travel down to them was exhilarating. It's a whole new way of seeing the land of Skyrim through the lenses of a VR headset."

Legend

I was shocked how many AR headsets the microsoft store had today. They were VR headsets but with stereo cameras to act as passthrough type system. Also had a non oculus version of oculus touch.

the-pi-guy

I was shocked how many AR headsets the microsoft store had today. They were VR headsets but with stereo cameras to act as passthrough type system. Also had a non oculus version of oculus touch.
Even my tiny Walmart nearby has a whole display dedicated to VR devices.  

the-pi-guy

Reddit: The back of the Rift has the Vive logo, and the back of the Vive has the Rift logo.

the-pi-guy

Just wanted to share with you folks as had an amazing day with the PSVR today. I spent xmas with some relatives that I only see once a year or so, and my 96 year old grandfather was there.

We cracked the PSVR out and played a few games and he was really interested. So we gave him a shot at Ocean Decent in PSVR worlds and he loved it. He wanted to have a second go right away, and then wen't on to have a try at flying a plane in Ultrawings VR.

It was just amazing seeing him have so much fun with this stuff. He's never been into technology in his life, never had a mobile phone and never played a video game. Yet he just found the VR really intuitive and amazing fun.

What a wonderful day.
Just took the PSVR to my family Xmas and got my 96 year old grandfather playing! : PSVR

the-pi-guy

darkknightkryta

Legend

To be honest I wouldn't mind playing Skyrim in VR
I really can't wait to either get PC VR or proper software for PSVR on PC. Wouldn't want to buy skyrim again but would like to try it in VR too.

SWORDF1SH

I really can't wait to either get PC VR or proper software for PSVR on PC. Wouldn't want to buy skyrim again but would like to try it in VR too.
Yeah, I have Skyrim and thought it would be an addon. Not paying full price for it.

Legend

Dr. Pezus

Could surpass Thumper as the best vr rhythm game.
OMG
Would make you tired quickly though I think hehe

Go Up