Recent Posts

Pages[1] 2 3 ... 10
Gaming Community / Re: PlayStation Community Thre...
Last post by Kerotan - Today at 04:26 AM
Currently playing dark siders 2 ps4 and Yakuza 5 ps3. Both turning into slogs. Tough going.
Gaming Community / Re: A 4D video game?
Last post by Legend - Today at 03:54 AM

Alternative display method.

This is an image of the entire rendered image, including voxels on the inside. It takes the 3D volume and maps the colors to a 1 dimensional line, and then maps that line to the 2 dimensional display. It's using a hilbert curve if you're interested in the math.

No way would I expect most people to bother with a display like this, but I wanted to revisit it since it might make for a good dev tool.

(not like anyone would notice but a few pixels are in the wrong spot. This is using a 1024*1024 lookup texture which obviously isn't a pixel perfect match)
Everything is going though. Official purchase is in a week.
Off-Topic News Discussion / Comcast to buy Sky probably
Last post by Legend - Today at 03:03 AM
What fun
Gaming Community / Re: The Gaming Community Threa...
Last post by Dr. Pezus - Today at 01:17 AM
I think I've given up on it. Even on easy it's just too frustrating to play.

Loved the first XCOM so much but either they changed some things or I'm in a different mental state.
I started on the default, veteran or something (second easiest) and couldn't win the first mission (after the tutorial).
Last post by Legend - Today at 12:58 AM
Man, xcom 2 is bloody hard
I think I've given up on it. Even on easy it's just too frustrating to play.

Loved the first XCOM so much but either they changed some things or I'm in a different mental state.
Last post by Dr. Pezus - Today at 12:34 AM
Man, xcom 2 is bloody hard
Off-Topic Community / Re: Movie Thread
Last post by Xevross - Yesterday at 10:26 PM
To me, it just feels like it was framed a bit differently in the second.  Doesn't hurt the movie though.  

Spoiler for Hidden:

Yeah, I rewatched the first movie just to see how things lined up.  

This felt weird to me.  

Depending on what you took away from the first, the second one can feel weird.  

The way, the second movie clearly means it, is that they were too far away to see that Jack Jack had powers.  

But if you didn't realize they were too far away, then it can feel weird that they didn't know what happened at first.

Its kind of interesting because it's a fairly big plot point in the second movie, but there's a subtle distinction between the two interpretation of events in the first movie.  
Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Yeah maybe it was slightly, but it was the exactly the same for all intents and purposes of the film.<br><br>Eh, I don&#39;t think I ever considered they noticed Jack-Jack using powers. Whether you think they should have noticed from there or not, the film made it extremely obvious that they hadn&#39;t noticed and thought he had no powers at the end.<br>
Last post by the-pi-guy - Yesterday at 10:18 PM
Spoiler for Hidden:
Well I also watched the first film today and it seemed the same to me. I'm pretty sure they outright said it, and it was an important plot point that supers aren't allowed to do anything.

To me, it just feels like it was framed a bit differently in the second.  Doesn't hurt the movie though.  

Spoiler for Hidden:

He was high up in the air and they didn't see what happened.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Yeah, I rewatched the first movie just to see how things lined up. &nbsp;<br><br><br>This felt weird to me. &nbsp;<br><br>Depending on what you took away from the first, the second one can feel weird. &nbsp;<br><br>The way, the second movie clearly means it, is that they were too far away to see that Jack Jack had powers. &nbsp;<br><br>But if you didn&#39;t realize they were too far away, then it can feel weird that they didn&#39;t know what happened at first. <br><br>Its kind of interesting because it&#39;s a fairly big plot point in the second movie, but there&#39;s a subtle distinction between the two interpretation of events in the first movie. &nbsp;<br>

Last post by Xevross - Yesterday at 09:45 PM
Spoiler for Hidden:

>Yep, you'd forgotten that.

In the first movie they didn't outright say it, though.
It fits into how the first movie starts, but the second movie makes it sound much more serious than the first one did.  
Spoiler for Hidden:
Well I also watched the first film today and it seemed the same to me. I&#39;m pretty sure they outright said it, and it was an important plot point that supers aren&#39;t allowed to do anything.
Pages[1] 2 3 ... 10