The Division Open Beta Announced for XB1, PS4 and PC

Started by BananaKing, Feb 10, 2016, 08:57 AM

previous topic - next topic

BananaKing

Feb 10, 2016, 08:57 AM Last Edit: Feb 10, 2016, 10:19 AM by NotBananaKing
The Division is throwing its doors wide open next week with an open beta that will let everyone explore its devastated New York, test its systems, and provide feedback that will benefit the game before its launch. Whether you're a veteran of the closed beta or this is your first time stepping into an Agent's shoes, you'll be able to jump into the open beta from February 19-21 on PS4, PC and Xbox One. Also, Xbox One players can get started a day early with exclusive 24-hour early access beginning on February 18, but players on all platforms can preload the beta starting February 16.

The development team has resolved most of the PC cheating issues tracked during the closed beta, and all of them will be resolved by launch on March 8. The developers will continue to closely monitor the open beta for any new issues, and address them accordingly.
If this isn't your first time playing The Division, there are extra incentives to come back, starting with a new story mission that wasn't in the closed beta. Also, everyone who participates in the open beta gets access to a special in-game reward that will be unlocked when the full game is released for Xbox One, PS4, and PC on March 8.

Announcing The Division Open Beta - UbiBlog - Ubisoft®

Dr. Pezus

BananaKing

not sure why the title isnt working.

edit: never mind its working now.

i thought i would make this its own thread to let people pay attention. im gonna preload it on the 16th and try it out. i just might end up getting this.

this game and farcry primal are waaaay to close to each other. ubisoft should have spaced out the releases.

DD_Bwest

ethomaz

Not my care :P

SFV is the only game I will play until U4.

DD_Bwest

so whose playing it this weekend?

Legend

Basically all spring releases have sprung under my radar.

I totally spaced out that the Division and Far Cry were releasing so soon.

Xevross

Basically all spring releases have sprung under my radar.

I totally spaced out that the Division and Far Cry were releasing so soon.
Yeah I didn't realise the Division was releasing so soon. It doesn't look that interesting to me anyway.

I was saying to a couple of my friends today how I'm hyped for Far Cry Primal and one of them said "isn't that like a year away" and I said no its out next week and they were super shocked.

It seems people just aren't too hyped for any of these games. Jan-Feb releases are never that big. The first huge game of this year is Uncharted 4, imo. At least, I hope it'll be huge.

Legend

Yeah I didn't realise the Division was releasing so soon. It doesn't look that interesting to me anyway.

I was saying to a couple of my friends today how I'm hyped for Far Cry Primal and one of them said "isn't that like a year away" and I said no its out next week and they were super shocked.

It seems people just aren't too hyped for any of these games. Jan-Feb releases are never that big. The first huge game of this year is Uncharted 4, imo. At least, I hope it'll be huge.
Wait FCP is just a week away?!?

Woah. Kinda felt more like it was still a month out.

Xevross

Feb 18, 2016, 09:27 PM Last Edit: Feb 18, 2016, 09:28 PM by Xevross
Wait FCP is just a week away?!?

Woah. Kinda felt more like it was still a month out.
Yeah, releases on Tuesday ;D

I feel like FCP should be bigger and more well known than it is. I really wonder why Ubi made it so low key... maybe if its not so good then that'll be why.

Also I'm interested to see if The Division can compare to TW3/MKX/Batman which were the big multiplats of early last year. Actually, I'm very interested in The Division v Uncharted 4 too

Legend

Yeah, releases on Tuesday ;D

I feel like FCP should be bigger and more well known than it is. I really wonder why Ubi made it so low key... maybe if its not so good then that'll be why.

Also I'm interested to see if The Division can compare to TW3/MKX/Batman which were the big multiplats of early last year. Actually, I'm very interested in The Division v Uncharted 4 too
I just hope the Division is good.

It feels way too much like Watch_Dogs right now.

Xevross

I just hope the Division is good.

It feels way too much like Watch_Dogs right now.
I like Watch Dogs a lot. I think The Division will be fine; its a had a, and will have another, beta so people know if they like it and I've heard positive things. I just don't know if its going to be marketed enough.

It seems like Ubi are definitely more focused on getting The Division out there, instead of Far Cry, so I think it will do fine.

Legend

I like Watch Dogs a lot. I think The Division will be fine; its a had a, and will have another, beta so people know if they like it and I've heard positive things. I just don't know if its going to be marketed enough.

It seems like Ubi are definitely more focused on getting The Division out there, instead of Far Cry, so I think it will do fine.
Watch Dogs imo lacked personality. It was sold as a revolutionary game yet instead it felt like pretty standard open world stuff.

Marketing was the problem since the game was overhyped.

Xevross

Watch Dogs imo lacked personality. It was sold as a revolutionary game yet instead it felt like pretty standard open world stuff.

Marketing was the problem since the game was overhyped.
Yeah I agree with this. The whole tech thing was very cool but apart from that it was an average open world game. Luckily I happen to like open world games like that a lot so I thought it was great.

BananaKing

so whose playing it this weekend?

I am.

I have a big work project that's fudgy me though. So I might not play as much as I want to. But fudge it, I'm gonna try it out!