PlayStation Studios Development

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 27, 2015, 08:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kerotan

they did that in 2013. with GOW:A in March and TLoU in June.
Well then history may well just repeat itself.  Man just imagine.

God of War March
TLOU2 June
Death Stranding October

Plus they'd obviously have a few other smaller exclusives.  Man that trio would be an absolute killer line up.

@above
That multi million franchise they're working on could be killzone couldn't it?  Unless they specifically said a different one.

DerNebel

Doubt Cambridge is going away after RIGS. As far as I know, they didn't experience any immediate layoffs after their VR game released, unlike London Studio. RIGS had better critical reception than most VR titles it seems. There really aren't any titles that sold gangbusters from what I've heard and it wouldn't be fair in the least bit to blame them for not achieving sales that really no one has. Pretty hard to sell well when the highest selling big VR device, Sony's own, has only moved a couple hundred thousand.

Developing for VR is also a different beast and most studios are brand new at it. If Sony had any expectations of immediate greatness from anyone making VR games, they were purposefully stacking the deck against them.

As pointed out, Cambridge made a better Killzone game in Mercenary than Guerrilla did with Shadowfall. I also thought I heard that only a small team within Cambridge made RIGS while the rest worked on DLC for Shadowfall and began work on a game from "a multimillion selling franchise".

We'll probably find out within the next 12 months what's going on with them, but I wouldn't worry. London Studio is way more likely to get the axe, and rightfully so I feel.
Sure, that's possible, London Studio is not an unlikely candidate for being closed either. If Cambridge is doing something aside from Rigs I'd assume it's Killzone related as well.

Raven

Well then history may well just repeat itself.  Man just imagine.

God of War March
TLOU2 June
Death Stranding October

Plus they'd obviously have a few other smaller exclusives.  Man that trio would be an absolute killer line up.

@above
That multi million franchise they're working on could be killzone couldn't it?  Unless they specifically said a different one.
It's likely Killzone. Back in Summer 2014 they were recruiting for "forthcoming projects for a high profile, multi-million selling franchise". Sony isn't likely to give up on their most successful FPS. Since GG has its hands full with Horizon and assisting Kojima Productions, and since Cambridge proved it can outperform GG on its own franchise, it seems like a no-brainer that they're working on Killzone for now.

Aura7541

It's likely Killzone. Back in Summer 2014 they were recruiting for "forthcoming projects for a high profile, multi-million selling franchise". Sony isn't likely to give up on their most successful FPS. Since GG has its hands full with Horizon and assisting Kojima Productions, and since Cambridge proved it can outperform GG on its own franchise, it seems like a no-brainer that they're working on Killzone for now.
If it's a new Killzone, I wonder when it will come out because there's a window of opportunity for the game to come out without getting drowned out by other FPS games. COD is on a decline, there won't be another Battlefield soon, and who knows what's the future for Titanfall.

DerNebel

Dec 08, 2016, 05:56 PM Last Edit: Dec 08, 2016, 06:02 PM by DerNebel
But I actually love that we for once have no idea what a big Sony studio is working on and that nothing has been leaked yet. So this time for real, and this goes for me as much as for anybody else on here (if not more :P), if we hear that Shinobi is teasing what Sucker Punch is doing before next E3 (where I assume we'll see the project) let's just not look into it, I wanna go into a first party reveal blind for once and I don't think I've done that since maybe 2014.

Edit: On second thought I believe Detroit wasn't leaked, but I don't care for Quantic Dream much.

the-pi-guy

Yup Mercenary was great! An HD port to PS4 would be awesome! I was in the top 500 best players or something back on Vita, but that's not too impressive when no one played it.

"I was in the top 3 players for CoD: Infinite Warfare on the MS store version"
"Aren't there only like 3 players"
"*tears up* there are 2".

darkknightkryta

I just want another medievil  :'(

Kerotan

So if it is killzone then any idea where they'll go with the story?  Continue from shadow fall?  A reboot?  A prequel?  I believe they should title it Killzone 4 aswell.  

Regarding release date for Cambridge game.  Surely it couldn't be 2018 aswell?!  Like every Sony game can't release then lol.  Maybe holiday 2017 if they've been working on it a while.  

Cod will release.  Battlefront 2 will release meaning releasing killzone next fall would be doing what titanfall did this year.  Not a good idea.  Which again leaves us looking like a 2018 title.  

So maybe:
March - God of War
June - TLOU2
October - Killzone

March - Death Stranding

I dunno.  Too many Sony titles upcoming. Not a bad problem to have.

the-pi-guy

Updated the OP.  

Kinda made me sad.  

Legend

Updated the OP.  

Kinda made me sad.  
From studios being closed, or their games being disappointing?

the-pi-guy

From studios being closed, or their games being disappointing?
Studios closing and how little we know of what most are doing now.

And how SP still hasn't made a game.  

Legend

Has any dev besides Killzone+Horizon and Knack guys released two games this gen even?

the-pi-guy

Has any dev besides Killzone+Horizon and Knack guys released two games this gen even?
No.
I still don't feel like the PS4 has really hit it's stride, and this is why.  

A couple of them haven't even released a game yet.  MM hasn't released one (unless you count TearAway unfolded)

DerNebel

But SP has made a PS4 game.  ;D

the-pi-guy

But SP has made a PS4 game.  ;D
Still hasn't made a game (since infamous). It's been years!  

Go Up