PlayStation Studios Development

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 27, 2015, 08:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

BananaKing

3 things to say.  

1. I'm really curious about Sucker Punch.  Second Son sold really well and was well received but I think the best thing for the franchise would be a rest.  The studio should make either a new IP or a licensed game.  If they got their hands on something like Iron Man or Superman it would be huge for them and Sony.

2. Cambridge.  I'm also really interested on this.  Their Killzone Mercenary game was possibly the best mobile console shooter ever.  Exceptional.  That should be ported to ps4 for starters.  But would I like them working on a new Ip?  I'm not so sure.  They're not really established enough yet.  I'd prefer them taking the safer option and doing killzone again.  That way the series stays alive and it will probably sell 2m+ so it would be profitable.  And I'd trust them to make a better killzone then guerilla anyway. If it's successful,  let them move onto a new Ip.  

3. God of War and The last of us 2. If you asked me when I thought these would release I'd say God of war March 2018 and TLOU2 summer 2018. But it just seems too close together for 2 mega exclusives.  We know Sony don't like releasing them before the holidays because consumers wait for BF and expect to get everything discounted.  It devalues your product.  I just can't see either releasing in December though.  And I can't really see either being ready next year anyway.  

So will Sony really release both first half of 2018? God of War end of February.  TLOU2 4 months later in June?  Would be a killer start to the year.  They'd all sell extremely well at full price and then they can get their discounted sales on BF and the holidays when enough time has passed. Probably makes the most sense revenue wise from Sony.

End of February/March is busy for games but GOW would have no problems selling.  June and the summer are usually very quiet so TLOU2 would get maximum coverage and with the hype would be insane.  It would sell a lot then with nothing to overshadow it or compete.  

Those are my thoughts.  Anybody agree or disagree?
they did that in 2013. with GOW:A in March and TLoU in June.