Introduce yourself!

Started by Legend, May 06, 2014, 04:50 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

This thread is for all new members to come in and say hi. Feel free to share as much or as little information as you want. Oh and welcome to the forum!!!

I'll start.

I'm Michael Armbrust and the creator of VizionEck.

Lots of info can be found on the other side of the website about the foundation of my company, so I'll stick with more personal matters.

My favorite color is yellow, my favorite book is The Mysterious Island, and my favorite scientist is Nikola Tesla. I was so amazed by his work that I built a tesla coil for my 8th grade science fair. Feel free to shout "nerd!"

I'm also an Eagle Scout. Growing up in Colorado has given me a huge passion for the outdoors. Hiking, canoing, and cooking with a camp fire are all some of my favorite activities. A few years back I was lucky enough to spend part of the summer sailing a schooner around the Caribbean. To me AC4: Black Flag is a 10/10 just because it brings back those wonderful memories.

You can't just live off the past though. Launching this forum is great and creating VizionEck is a dream come true. There is so so so much work but I can barely imagine being happier. Heck just the act of you reading this brings joy to my heart. These are exciting times!

-Michael Armbrust

7H3

My favorite scientist is also Nikola Tesla, and JP Morgan sucks!
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Riderz1337

Hi my name is Riderz1337 and my real life name is Emir.

My favourite move of all time is The Dark Knight, my favourite athlete is Dirk Nowitzki who plays in the NBA for the Dallas Mavericks and if I had to pick a favourite food, it would probably be a nice big medium-rare steak with simple salt and pepper seasoning.

My favourite car of all time would have to be the 2014 Nissan GT-R. That car is a beast and the Skyline cars have always been a favourite of mine.

I guess that's pretty much it. You might all know me from VGChartz also ^^. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Favourite game of all time would be The Last of Us, such a great game. I rarely (and I mean RARELY) play a game twice, but TLOU was just that good ^^.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

the-pi-guy

my favorite scientist is Nikola Tesla. I was so amazed by his work that I built a tesla coil for my 8th grade science fair. Feel free to shout "nerd!"

You are my alt!  I did the exact same thing!  Well, I didn't build it, but my friend did.  But we couldn't use it. 

Dr. Pezus

I didn't know your name was Mike.
I assume you're going to change your username then?

Edit: Why is this a "redirect" thread or something?

7H3

I didn't know your name was Mike.
I assume you're going to change your username then?

Edit: Why is this a "redirect" thread or something?

I'd imagine for 2 reasons:
1 you want new members to introduce themselves so putting a redirect up top directs them to the proper place to do so
2 a singular intro thread just for introductions could reduce multiple intro threads, or he forgot to make it a sub-forum of off topic community

7H3

plasma shield

musical tesla coils

Legend

You are my alt!  I did the exact same thing!  Well, I didn't build it, but my friend did.  But we couldn't use it.

Yeah they're pretty dangerous.

The electric fields produced by mine temporarily screwed up so many devices.

I'd imagine for 2 reasons:
1 you want new members to introduce themselves so putting a redirect up top directs them to the proper place to do so
2 a singular intro thread just for introductions could reduce multiple intro threads, or he forgot to make it a sub-forum of off topic community

1, but I don't like how the redirect works.

Shinobi-san

Hi Guys!

Shinobi-san here...

Congrats on the forum, new game and all that stuff Legend. From one dev to another!
Vizioneck STILL not banned at my workplace \O/

Xevross

Hi my name is Riderz1337 and my real life name is Emir.

My favourite move of all time is The Dark Knight, my favourite athlete is Dirk Nowitzki who plays in the NBA for the Dallas Mavericks and if I had to pick a favourite food, it would probably be a nice big medium-rare steak with simple salt and pepper seasoning.

My favourite car of all time would have to be the 2014 Nissan GT-R. That car is a beast and the Skyline cars have always been a favourite of mine.

I guess that's pretty much it. You might all know me from VGChartz also ^^. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Favourite game of all time would be The Last of Us, such a great game. I rarely (and I mean RARELY) play a game twice, but TLOU was just that good ^^.

Welcome to the forum :)

Welcome shinobi as well  :)   We have quite a crowd now.

Shinobi-san

Welcome to the forum :)

Welcome shinobi as well  :)   We have quite a crowd now.

Yep! Although i would suggest that before the forum gets too big...that all the little bugs and annoyances be fixed as best as possible. Small things like after you post you go to the forum index instead of the thread you just posted in etc. might frsutrate people and then just stop posting, contributing all together.
Vizioneck STILL not banned at my workplace \O/

7H3

Yep! Although i would suggest that before the forum gets too big...that all the little bugs and annoyances be fixed as best as possible. Small things like after you post you go to the forum index instead of the thread you just posted in etc. might frsutrate people and then just stop posting, contributing all together.

yes that reply part would be nice

Dr. Pezus

You can actually change it in the settings!
But NotJoe should make it the default option tbh

Xevross

You can actually change it in the settings!
But NotJoe should make it the default option tbh

I agree with that. It feels like a much more natural to stick in the thread

Legend

Go Up