Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' trailer

Started by Legend, May 02, 2014, 06:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

Mmm_fish_tacos

I'll pick it up, really depends on how good Destiny is.

Raven

I'll pick it up, really depends on how good Destiny is.

Even if Destiny rocks I am still going to want an FPS title of a different color. I do enjoy Call of Duty for how easy it is to pick up and play.

Raven

What do you think? Actual gameplay shots or bullshots?

Legend

What do you think? Actual gameplay shots or bullshots?

Bullshots for sure.

Raven

COD: Advanced Warfare Official Site Confirms Next-Gen Focused Development, Reveals New Info On Game

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare official site has gone live now. Advanced Warfare will be the first Call of Duty in the series that will have a 3 years of all next-gen focused development cycle, as explained on the official site.

The official site again confirms that there is no Wii U version. The only platforms that are listed are PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. This doesn't mean that there won't be a Wii U version as we saw with Call of Duty: Ghosts and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, who were later revealed to be coming to the Wii U as well.

People might be thinking that Advanced Warfare is another cross-gen game but the listing on the official site clearly hints at a development focused specifically on next-gen. It probably means that Sledgehammer Games are working on current-gen and PC while some other studio is going to port them to the previous gen and perhaps Wii U.

Developed By Sledgehammer Games (co-developers of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3), Harness the first three-year, all next-gen development cycle in franchise history.

The official site also explains the story of the game in detail.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare takes place in a plausible future in which technological progress and today's military practices have converged with powerful consequences. In this carefully researched and crafted vision of the future, private military corporations (pmcs) have become the dominant armed forces for countless nations outsourcing their military needs, redrawing borders and rewriting the rules of war. And Jonathan Irons, the founder and president of the world's largest pmc - atlas corporation - is at the center of it all.

The emphasis on the new breed of soldiers is also explained, and they are called "Advanced Soldier".

Powerful exoskeletons evolve every aspect of a soldier's battle readiness, enabling combatants to deploy with an advanced lethality and eliminating the need for specialization. The introduction of this gameplay mechanic delivers enhanced player movement and verticality through boost jumps and grappling, covert cloaking abilities, and biomechanics that provide unparalleled strength, awareness, endurance, and speed. With the advent of the exoskeleton and newly advanced armor and weaponry, every soldier commands tactical freedom in any terrain unlike ever before, fundamentally changing the way gamers play call of duty across all modes.

http://gearnuke.com/cod-advanced-warfare-official-site-now-live-new-info-next-gen-focused-development-confirmed/

nnodley

Wow that synopsis sounds so unique and original! /s

Raven

Wow that synopsis sounds so unique and original! /s

Right? It really is like Activision lives in their own little world where they are the first to do anything.

Xevross

Right? It really is like Activision lives in their own little world where they are the first to do anything.

Wait, you're saying advanced fish AI was done before? Now I've heard everything.

Raven

Wait, you're saying advanced fish AI was done before? Now I've heard everything.

Well they certainly pushed the boundaries of dog models...

Legend

I was so glad the dog didn't die in ghosts.

Xevross

Dem super detailed dogs  :o

7H3

Overall it looks meh for graphics, campaign looks a bit more interesting than previous for story. However, I doubt it will stray to much from previous in terms of game-flow... mostly FPS with some action packed sequences that look cooler than they are to play. I'll be passing on this one definitely I think treyarch will be the first true next-gen COD... bigger studio, more experience with the series and usually a bit more creative with game mechanics gameplay and story overall. Sledgehammer could prove to be good though, and probably better than never ward.
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Raven

Overall it looks meh for graphics, campaign looks a bit more interesting than previous for story. However, I doubt it will stray to much from previous in terms of game-flow... mostly FPS with some action packed sequences that look cooler than they are to play. I'll be passing on this one definitely I think treyarch will be the first true next-gen COD... bigger studio, more experience with the series and usually a bit more creative with game mechanics gameplay and story overall. Sledgehammer could prove to be good though, and probably better than never ward.

The only reason why I'm even giving this game a chance is because they're finally using a new engine for it and they're pushing into the near-future setting again. It sounds like the game is being designed for current platforms instead of last gen like Ghosts was.

Dr. Pezus

Tbh I think the graphics are quite decent. Remember that it's a 60FPS game, oh and they've only shown the XBO version.

Riderz1337

I think it looks great! They had three years to work on this right...? Or does that start next year with Treyarch.

Hopefully they had three years, more dev time usually means a better game.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Go Up