Video Game Sales Thread

Started by Xevross, Aug 14, 2014, 02:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ethomaz

Looks like $199 PS4 Souls our in most places... probably the best seller at BF.

At least Routers says so.

Mmm_fish_tacos

It seems PS4 was the best selling console in GameStop during BF. I'd link a source but I'm on mobile
Thanks to the 50 GC im sure. And it helped they were pushing used xbones over new.

Xevross

Sounds like Sony shipped quite a lot but still severely underestimated demand for the PS4 at $199. I think they could have done 2m+ in the US this November if they'd shipped it, but they probably haven't. I'm expecting around 1.5m like in 2015.

XB1 will have a great month due to the X and what sounds like a great BF. Switch sounds like its selling very well too. What's the November NPD record for home consoles? This month seems like it'll beat it.

Dr. Pezus

Sounds like Sony shipped quite a lot but still severely underestimated demand for the PS4 at $199. I think they could have done 2m+ in the US this November if they'd shipped it, but they probably haven't. I'm expecting around 1.5m like in 2015.

XB1 will have a great month due to the X and what sounds like a great BF. Switch sounds like its selling very well too. What's the November NPD record for home consoles? This month seems like it'll beat it.
I inky remember that Wii had one crazy December but November total is probably around uh 4m?

ethomaz

At $199 by revenue... shocked.

the-pi-guy

NPD group: "The big seller is Pork Loin.  The highest single day sales since 2000, when Pork Chop was released to the public."

/s

I think PS4 did big numbers, but we need more data!  

Dr. Pezus

ethomaz

Legend

Dr. Pezus

DerNebel

Resetera's reaction to all of todays news is hilarious, seriously shows how that community has shifted from Gaf in the last few years.

PS4 won't reach 100m
Don't read too much into the PS4s early sales.

Dr. Pezus

Resetera's reaction to all of todays news is hilarious, seriously shows how that community has shifted from Gaf in the last few years.
Don't read too much into the PS4s early sales.
Just you wait until 2022 when its yearly sales will have dropped off massively!!

the-pi-guy

Ha, I thought DerNebel was serious for a few minutes. 
Forgot about that article. 

Any ideas what PS4 is up to in sales? 

Switch and PS4 are definitely showing consoles aren't dead yet. 
Portables on the other hand, leave much to be desired.  (And are probably dead.)

Xevross

Ha, I thought DerNebel was serious for a few minutes.  
Forgot about that article.  

Any ideas what PS4 is up to in sales?  

Switch and PS4 are definitely showing consoles aren't dead yet.  
Portables on the other hand, leave much to be desired.  (And are probably dead.)
PS4 is around 70m, I'd guess it just passed 70 during BF week. Possibly 75m by year end, which would be insane.

Go Up