EA post on reddit explaining Battlefront controversy

Started by Legend, Nov 13, 2017, 05:35 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

We need to make lists of all the good games without microtransactions. It's awesome Horizon didn't have any.
It's funny.  There were some devs who were saying "glad I don't have to deal with this", (while linking the EA post) also people thanking GG for Horizon not having micro-transactions.  

Legend

It's funny.  There were some devs who were saying "glad I don't have to deal with this", (while linking the EA post) also people thanking GG for Horizon not having micro-transactions.  
Glad I don't have to deal with this either. My secret is to just never release a game  ::)

Dr. Pezus

The lost legacy has microtransactions!?!?!?! I didn't realise it had any multiplayer.

Sony is generally pretty good but Naughty Dog sure likes them.
Have you seen GTAV?

I don't think it's fair to assume they'll be better than anyone else.
Well it's popular. Must be doing something right

the-pi-guy

Glad I don't have to deal with this either. My secret is to just never release a game  ::)
Or you know, just no micro-transactions, but I suppose you are pretty good at not releasing your game.  ;)

Xevross

And Rockstar is more likely to do it 'right'
Doubtful. Everything on GTA Online is far too expensive. I can pretty much never afford any of the cool new stuff they put in because I don't play for hours and hours every week.

If you look though there's probably still more games out their without them. Nintendo still don't do microtransactions and most indie games don't. But yeah, AAA has got to that point where not having microtransactions is now considered a positive for the game.

Its all gone too far.

BananaKing

You are worse than Nintendo when it comes to creating artificial demand

Xevross

Hero costs have been reduced by 75%

Wow, they're actually listening.

BananaKing

Hero costs have been reduced by 75%

Wow, they're actually listening.
They aren't listening, they are being hammered into the wall to do this. The way progression works is still iced up, it won't be any better once DLC released and you need to unlock that.

Legend

~666k

It's lower than I ever would have expected.

the-pi-guy

~666k

It's lower than I ever would have expected.
EA is officially evil.

Legend

the-pi-guy

Rick and Morty Reddit:

Jokes Reddit:
EA's microtransaction policy is so bad that...

[This punchline is locked. Please pay 20,000 credits to unlock]

Comment:
Man I'm glad I paid to see the punchline. What a sense of accomplishment

Horizon:

Thank you Guerrilla Games Avoiding Microtransactions : horizon

Dr. Pezus

677k. Let's count to a million!

DD_Bwest

i doubt itll get a million,  its slowed down  alot lol  would be funny if it did

safe to save it has more then the next 500 combined lol

Xevross

They aren't listening, they are being hammered into the wall to do this. The way progression works is still iced up, it won't be any better once DLC released and you need to unlock that.
Well yeah that's what I meant, they're not completely ignoring the controversy and are buckling to some pressure.

Go Up