EA post on reddit explaining Battlefront controversy

Started by Legend, Nov 13, 2017, 05:35 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Nov 13, 2017, 05:01 PM Last Edit: Nov 13, 2017, 05:06 PM by the-pi-guy
346k. :o

It goes up 100-200 every time I refresh.

It'll beat 352k in a few minutes at the rate it's going. 

Well maybe 15 min at most.  Probably more like 5 min.

DD_Bwest

well it did it!!  it past an ultimate milestone..

it now has more downvotes than the entirety of this list combined..
downvoted - ListOfComments

Xevross

well it did it!!  it past an ultimate milestone..

it now has more downvotes than the entirety of this list combined..
downvoted - ListOfComments

100 on that list?

Xevross

Oh my god they're selling a "starter pack" for $24 to get an "early advantage in game". HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. A starter pack. In a fudgy $60 game.

fudge this shame.

Xevross

Honestly this pricing model/ loot box system would be pretty malicious for even a free to play game. This is just insane. EA saw the trend this year and thought they could push it for maximum $$$, and I hope it severely bites them in the dog.

Legend

Honestly this pricing model/ loot box system would be pretty malicious for even a free to play game. This is just insane. EA saw the trend this year and thought they could push it for maximum $$$, and I hope it severely bites them in the dog.
Yeah it should have been a big red flag when they said all the game's DLC will be free. Most assumed they were following Titanfall's approach but instead they're chasing microtransaction money.

the-pi-guy

EA: read my lips, no new taxes

DerNebel

Psst here's the solution to this problem: Don't play all these poorly executed games....

You know which game doesn't habe P2W microtransactions? Persona 5!  8)

Xevross

Psst here's the solution to this problem: Don't play all these poorly executed games....

Yeah it has to be a super good game to make up for all this shame, and BF2 is not (from my experience in the beta). Red Dead will undoubtedly have a lot of battleship like this too, but it will almost definitely have the quality to make up for it, which is why I'll buy it.

DD_Bwest

100 on that list?
130 actually which is an odd number lol i just copy and pasted it into excel.

i wish we could see further down the list.   if we use the conservative assumption that the next few hundred at tied with the last on that list,  it has added another 62.  making it have more than the next 192 worst combined.

Legend

We need to make lists of all the good games without microtransactions. It's awesome Horizon didn't have any.

DerNebel

We need to make lists of all the good games without microtransactions. It's awesome Horizon didn't have any.
I think the only game that I played this year that technically had microtransactions was Uncharted TLL, but I didn't go back to the multiplayer so I avoided them.

Sony is generally still pretty good at keeping their games microtransaction free, but I guess that comes with the territory of them making largely singleplayer games.

Dr. Pezus

Yeah it has to be a super good game to make up for all this shame, and BF2 is not (from my experience in the beta). Red Dead will undoubtedly have a lot of battleship like this too, but it will almost definitely have the quality to make up for it, which is why I'll buy it.
And Rockstar is more likely to do it 'right'

Legend

I think the only game that I played this year that technically had microtransactions was Uncharted TLL, but I didn't go back to the multiplayer so I avoided them.

Sony is generally still pretty good at keeping their games microtransaction free, but I guess that comes with the territory of them making largely singleplayer games.
The lost legacy has microtransactions!?!?!?! I didn't realise it had any multiplayer.

Sony is generally pretty good but Naughty Dog sure likes them.

And Rockstar is more likely to do it 'right'
Have you seen GTAV?

I don't think it's fair to assume they'll be better than anyone else.

DerNebel

The lost legacy has microtransactions!?!?!?! I didn't realise it had any multiplayer.

Sony is generally pretty good but Naughty Dog sure likes them.
Well it comes with the UC4 multiplayer

Go Up