EA post on reddit explaining Battlefront controversy

Started by Legend, Nov 13, 2017, 05:35 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Nov 15, 2017, 12:27 AM Last Edit: Nov 15, 2017, 12:42 AM by Legend
~-682k is the final score. It actually increased a bit since I last checked.

3 Hour Cooldown on Credits

the-pi-guy

Nov 15, 2017, 12:50 AM Last Edit: Nov 15, 2017, 12:55 AM by the-pi-guy
~-682k is the final score. It actually increased a bit since I last checked.

3 Hour Cooldown on Credits
No 1 million, but it's a record that will last a good long time.  (probably.)

9 comments with a positive score (3 points to 422 points)
12 with negative score (-9216 points to -681k)

Legend

It's really annoying imo how the reddit AMA has a whole bunch of people practically begging for cosmetic lootboxes. Sure that's better, but those really suck too.

DD_Bwest

Legend

Hopefully we can keep this train going and have other games remove them!

Legend

EA: AN UPDATE ON STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II (No MTX @ launch, return later; progression gameplay only) | ResetEra

Official announcement is out:https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/b...&utm_medium=social&cid=42029&ts=1510882077024
Thank you to everyone in our community for being the passionate fans that you are. Our goal has always been to create the best possible game for all of you - devoted Star Wars fans and game players alike. We've also had an ongoing commitment to constantly listen, tune and evolve the experience as it grows. You've seen this with both the major adjustments, and polish, we have made over the past several weeks. But as we approach the worldwide launch, it's clear that many of you feel there are still challenges in the design. We've heard the concerns about potentially giving players unfair advantages. And we've heard that this is overshadowing an otherwise great game. This was never our intention. Sorry we didn't get this right. We hear you loud and clear, so we're turning off all in-game purchases. We will now spend more time listening, adjusting, balancing and tuning. This means that the option to purchase crystals in the game is now offline, and all progression will be earned through gameplay. The ability to purchase crystals in-game will become available at a later date, only after we've made changes to the game. We'll share more details as we work through this. We have created a game that is built on your input, and it will continue to evolve and grow. Star Wars Battlefront II is three times the size of the previous game, bringing to life a brand new Star Wars story, space battles, epic new multiplayer experiences across all three Star Wars eras, with more free content to come. We want you to enjoy it, so please keep your thoughts coming. And we will keep you updated on our progress.Click to expand...
Original story:http://mp1st.com/news/star-wars-bat...y-all-gear-to-be-unlocked-through-progression
Multiple sources have confirmed to MP1st that an announcement is coming very, very soon. Once the official announcement is out we"ll be sure to update the post. It seems Crystals, the in-game currency that can be bought by real-world money, is off the table! All Star Cards, Heroes, and game-changing items can only be obtained by natural progression (grinding)! When DICE mentioned that a "progression iteration" was incoming at launch, we never thought it'd be this big, but we'll take it with open arms.Click to expand...
From mp1st writer:  excaliburps said:  
FYI, I had multiple sources confirm this within the day. Announcement was supposed to happen earlier, but no idea why it's still not up.Click to expand...
Additionally important: Benji said:  
Key take away I'm going to put out there before this thread gets really bumping. This does not mean "the death of Loot Boxes / MTX". They will continue to be in many games moving forward. What this does mean though is a caution to all developers / publishers to not make overly anti consumer design choices in their personal MTX systems. Still great news for gamers but don't assume this means suddenly the industry will abandon themClick to expand...
Official announcement coming soon from EA Will update OP with official announcement when posted  

Legend

DD_Bwest

I was in my local indie owned store.  She mentioned they and a whole bunch of others were boycotting until ea had reversed decision cause of the MT's.  they were gonna refuse to stock it and she made it sound like it wasnt a local movement.

Xevross

I was in my local indie owned store.  She mentioned they and a whole bunch of others were boycotting until ea had reversed decision cause of the MT's.  they were gonna refuse to stock it and she made it sound like it wasnt a local movement.
Wait so they're not boycotting anymore? EA hasn't changed, they still tried to make a game which forced in microstransactions in such a way that it crippled the entire progression system. I doubt their solution will even change much either.

Go Up