Crackdown 3 only runs at 30FPS on Xbox One X

Started by Raven, Jun 12, 2017, 01:31 AM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

This is the campaign.

The cloud powered destruction is only in a specific multiplayer mode. That mode's also rumored to have been downgraded, but we haven't seen it for 2 years.
If it's both cloud-powered AND on X while still only running at 30fps... what the hell?

Legend

If it's both cloud-powered AND on X while still only running at 30fps... what the hell?
"lazy devs"

Or more specifically the devs having constraints and different priorities. Cloud has tons of power but that power still costs money. Microsoft might have decided to scale the server power back and run more physics locally.

Raven

"lazy devs"

Or more specifically the devs having constraints and different priorities. Cloud has tons of power but that power still costs money. Microsoft might have decided to scale the server power back and run more physics locally.
I really can't help but feel that Crackdown 3 is going to be an embarrassment. It could be awesome, as any game can be, but I'm just getting this vibe that not enough was put behind it to make it the awesome title people are hoping for. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that Microsoft heavily restricted funding for the game.

SWORDF1SH

Jun 12, 2017, 05:40 PM Last Edit: Jun 12, 2017, 05:43 PM by SWORDF1SH
I meant by AAA standards it looks trash.  This is one of MS'S showcase exclusive and it looks like an indie.  If this was actually an indie I'd say it looks like a good and fun indie.  But it's AAA so I call it trash bythat standard
But it had the Brooklyn Nine Nine guy in the intro!

We really haven't seen the multiplayer running, just concepts. I'm expecting a big downgrade to the multiplayer.

Legend

But it had the Brooklyn Nine Nine guy in the intro!

We really haven't seen the multiplayer running, just concepts. I'm expecting a big downgrade to the multiplayer.
Terry Crews is great. That intro, especially with him shooting out of the screen onto the stage, was a perfect way to lead into the trailer. I want to play it just because of that.

Just so ugly though. Compare it from 2015

With today

Go Up