General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Got my wisdom teeth taken out yesterday.

I'm doing great. Very little pain and barely using pain killers. Just a little sore. Probably overdid it yesterday and extended the bleeding.

Wifey commented that I seem to have more energy than she did.

I kinda miss the top wisdom teeth, alas.  

nnodley

Got my wisdom teeth taken out yesterday.

I'm doing great. Very little pain and barely using pain killers. Just a little sore. Probably overdid it yesterday and extended the bleeding.

Wifey commented that I seem to have more energy than she did.

I kinda miss the top wisdom teeth, alas.  
I take it you just got them pulled and not cut out?  Getting them cut out is infinitely worse than just getting a tooth pulled.  Pain was pretty substantial after I got my 4 cut out.

Legend

I take it you just got them pulled and not cut out?  Getting them cut out is infinitely worse than just getting a tooth pulled.  Pain was pretty substantial after I got my 4 cut out.
Why the heck would you have them cut?

the-pi-guy

My bottom teeth weren't completely out yet, so I think those got cut out.  

Top ones were just pulled.  

nnodley

Why the heck would you have them cut?
Because they were sideways/impacted so they would never come in and would have eventually cause me more problems down the road if I didn't have them cut out.

the-pi-guy

I think I got really lucky with the surgery and stuff.  

Wifey was hoping that I'd be loopy (she's an addict for those funny loopy wisdom teeth videos) but I wasn't at all loopy.  

Wasn't loopy, just a little sore, but easily manageable.  
They gave me super huge doses of ibuprofen, that are double what I'd take for a headache.  Way overkill.

And then I think this other thing is in case the ibuprofen isn't strong enough. Not going to need those...  

Legend

My fridge+freezer broke. If my mom wasn't up in the middle of the night to have some ice-cream, a lot of food would have gone bad  ;D

the-pi-guy

I was in a long staring contest with the sun.
Everything is dark now, dare I say it, I must have won
My joke got reposted.  Lol
 I had a staring contest with the sun : Jokes

Legend

Legend

How long was the website down? I first noticed around 45 minutes ago.

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

I think that the world is so large, people get disconnected from events that happen elsewhere.  Opens them up to becoming paranoid that disasters are just acts.  

the-pi-guy

So I have absolutely no chance at getting in, but I am going to apply to the Google internship for next summer.  As well as a few others.  Can't hurt...

Legend

So I have absolutely no chance at getting in, but I am going to apply to the Google internship for next summer.  As well as a few others.  Can't hurt...
Is there a specific division or is it just general internships?

the-pi-guy

Is there a specific division or is it just general internships?
I think it's just general internship.  
They have a note that says applying to this one also goes towards applying to any other location.

Go Up