The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Review Thread: 96 OC (98 Reviews) 97 MC (97 Reviews)

Started by ethomaz, Mar 02, 2017, 02:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ethomaz

But man, I'm really interested in the DF analysis on this game, cause I've heard differing opinions on the state of its framarate.
There are technical issues...

ethomaz

Xbro

But man, I'm really interested in the DF analysis on this game, cause I've heard differing opinions on the state of its framarate.
From my personal experience(This is the Wii U version), frame rate issues aren't too prevalent, or at least enough for me to notice. The only times I really notice them are: The plateau, towns with a lot of NPCs(Zora's domain especially because the rain and water effects), Akkala Tower(Has a lot of effects with the red substance), and for some reason whenever I shoot a moblin with an ice arrow. Other than that I haven't really noticed anything.
3 people like this

Legend

From my personal experience(This is the Wii U version), frame rate issues aren't too prevalent, or at least enough for me to notice. The only times I really notice them are: The plateau, towns with a lot of NPCs(Zora's domain especially because the rain and water effects), Akkala Tower(Has a lot of effects with the red substance), and for some reason whenever I shoot a moblin with an ice arrow. Other than that I haven't really noticed anything.
When did you get the game?

Xbro

When did you get the game?
Street date was broken at my local Target on Tuesday night. So naturally I called in sick yesterday.
3 people like this

the-pi-guy

BasilZero

the-pi-guy

I've done a tiny speck of reading.  
Apparently there's a house(s?) you can buy.  
Also fantastic stuff about the physics engine.  Talked about how they set something down and it ended up getting blown away.  

If they managed to make it all fun, I can easily see how they pulled off a 97/98.
Basically Zelda Skyrim except actually amazing, without all the problems Skyrim has.  

Xbro

Also fantastic stuff about the physics engine.  Talked about how they set something down and it ended up getting blown away.  

If they managed to make it all fun, I can easily see how they pulled off a 97/98.
Basically Zelda Skyrim except actually amazing, without all the problems Skyrim has.  
Oh they certainly made it fun. Haven't heard about the house though.
3 people like this

the-pi-guy

Riderz1337

I have to admit the attention to detail from some of the thing in this game are amazing. It's like you wonder to yourself 'can I actually do that?' and boom it turns out you can...

It's stuff like this that really sets apart a game like this from the other several open world games on the market.

I'm still waiting for that one site that wants attention to give it a troll review though. You just feel it coming.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

ethomaz

I have to admit the attention to detail from some of the thing in this game are amazing. It's like you wonder to yourself 'can I actually do that?' and boom it turns out you can...

It's stuff like this that really sets apart a game like this from the other several open world games on the market.

I'm still waiting for that one site that wants attention to give it a troll review though. You just feel it coming.
The fact that the game got delayed dozen of times shows Nintendo wanted to focus on these details.

Kerotan

Watching a few livestreams of the game and graphically I'd compare it to an average looking ps3 game.  It's a shame Nintendo can't do graphics like most publishers in the industry.  

At least the actual game is good.

Xbro

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review | ZAM - The Largest Collection of Online Gaming Information

Doesn't have a score though.
3 people like this

ethomaz

Docked the performance is even worst.

Portable mode for the win.

Go Up