If you had 100 million dollars, what AAA game would you make?

Started by Legend, Feb 19, 2018, 05:52 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Talk in the other thread specifically brought up this price, so what would you do if you were in charge of a studio with this much money?

What type of game? How would you spend your money? You can answer from the business point of view of what would be the most succesful, or you could answer for your own personal desires as a player. Or do both!

Dr. Pezus

BananaKing

id create an open world space opera RPG. i wouldnt have the entire planets of each world be explorable. but a segment of them a map like the size of novigrade and velen on each planet. and when you fly off the planet and want to land on another, there is an "autopilot" part where it takes you to that small (relatively)  segment of the world and you can land where you want within it. there would be at least 3-4 planets, and space stations that within space between planets where you can land and explore. all seamless.

ethomaz

My ideia of game is a bit complex because I'm not sure how the gameplay will works...

- Open world online RPG based in proportional real life time
- If you die then you died... you should start a new life or wait somebody use some ultra rare forbidden spell to revive you
- You have skills that you can create yourself (if you have stats enough) or learn from others players like a Master-Disciple case
- Level up will be based in Realm
- Realm can be cultivated but it will be too hard to breakout new Realm only on cultivation if you are in a higher realm
- Each Realm has sub levels but the power difference between these levels are way smaller than a change of Realm
- A higher Realm will easily beat a lower Realm... there will be no balance... of course some talented and luckily enconter char will can jump at least one Realm (beat a Realm higher than him) if the higher Realm is a common/week one.
- Luckily encounter is the rewards that you will receive in some dungeons that can improve your cultivation Realm or just improve your overall strength without change the Realm
- You can design you char skills, costumes, face, etc... you can change the costumes any time (you can even change your face with some rare spells)
- You can rule a city, a country, a sect, a world, etc if you have power (and Realm) enough for that
- You can sleep or cultivate while you are away from the game (that time nobody can kill you in safe places) but you if you are in some random place you can be killed... the time never stops.. it is online happening all the time.

Well there are a lot of ideias that are based in a Chinese Novel called Martial World.

the-pi-guy

Want: Naruto RPG with character creator, full sized open world.

Would: third person shooter.  It's like Uncharted + heavy rain gameplay.

Ludicrous Speed

I'd make Elder Scrolls 6 for $80,000,000 and with the other money, make a SOCOM II HD port for PS4 since Sony refuses, and a Vigilante 8 AA game :)

Legend

I'd make a super classy VizionEck sequel. These cubes would look wonderful with high quality graphics. Or a prequel. These cubes have the deepest lore /s.

id create an open world space opera RPG. i wouldnt have the entire planets of each world be explorable. but a segment of them a map like the size of novigrade and velen on each planet. and when you fly off the planet and want to land on another, there is an "autopilot" part where it takes you to that small (relatively)  segment of the world and you can land where you want within it. there would be at least 3-4 planets, and space stations that within space between planets where you can land and explore. all seamless.
Sounds pretty cool. Would it be character focused or would players need to do the roleplaying?

darkknightkryta

I'd take the money and run =D

SWORDF1SH

I'd buy the Titanfall IP and respawn. Make Titanfall 3 and put it onto one disk. Destroy the code and then shatter the disk in front of LudicrousSpeed.

Legend

I'd buy the Titanfall IP and respawn. Make Titanfall 3 and put it onto one disk. Destroy the code and then shatter the disk in front of LudicrousSpeed.

Good idea, but respawn is worth $400 million. Also doesn't ludicrousspeed not like the second one  :P

SWORDF1SH

Good idea, but respawn is worth $400 million. Also doesn't ludicrousspeed not like the second one  :P
Don't bring my plan back down to earth god dang you! Anyway, Titanfall 3 would be better than any game that ever existed. So much so that reviewers would have to give it 11 out of 10. It would make history by being the first game to score over 100 on Metacritic.

BananaKing

I'd make a super classy VizionEck sequel. These cubes would look wonderful with high quality graphics. Or a prequel. These cubes have the deepest lore /s.
Sounds pretty cool. Would it be character focused or would players need to do the roleplaying?

not sure. i prefer usually in game to have a set character with his own story. but being able to pick between which alien races or human to play with sounds cool.