Make your 2024 Gaming Predictions!

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 03, 2024, 01:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

SP are smaller than Guerrilla, Insomniac and Santa Monica though. I just think Ghost will take 5 years and as one of Sony's biggest new IP's they'll want to give them all the time they need. Also Iki Island was a rather sizeable expansion so I doubt the whole of SP was working on the sequel till mid 2021.
It's pretty expected that most of the team wouldn't be working on GoT until mid 2021, that's pretty normal.
If you look at the Insomniac documents that leaked, Spider-Man 2 started development before Spider-Man 1 was out, but the entirety of the team didn't start working on it until 2020 after Spider-Man MM went out. That's normal development cycle stuff.

I also said I'm expecting GoT 2 to be 2025. But team size isn't really the end-all issue. Those other teams are larger, but they're also making more unique things. GoT reused a lot of assets for example.

Having a smaller team is only an issue if they are trying to make a bigger game relative size wise to development resources.  Which it all depends on priorities, which no one really knows except for the people on the team.

Go Up