Scalebound cancelled

Started by ethomaz, Jan 09, 2017, 06:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ethomaz

Jan 09, 2017, 06:51 PM Last Edit: Jan 11, 2017, 10:28 AM by ethomaz
Quote from: Kamiya
As you may have already heard, Scalebound has unfortunately been canceled. I'm very sorry to everyone who was looking forward to this game.

Sorry to bring you such bad news at the start of the year. All I can do for you is to promise to keep delivering fun games.

I'll work extra hard to never have to let you down like this again, so I hope you will keep watching over us in the future too.

Thanx for your lots of messages!!

And...I took time off for my mental health? ...Me!?

No way.
Quote from: Platinum
Regarding the Cancellation of Scalebound
We're sorry to say that on January 9, 2017, Microsoft Studios announced the cancellation of Scalebound. We are very disappointed things ended up this way, especially since we know many of our fans were looking forward to this game as much as we were.

Going forward, we will strive to continue delivering high-quality games to you, starting with NieR:Automata in March, and including products like GRANBLUE FANTASY Project Re:Link and LOST ORDER in the future.

We will keep working hard to meet your expectations and we look forward to your continued support!

President and CEO
Kenichi Sato
https://www.platinumgames.com/official-blog/article/9223

Scalebound, the much-hyped Platinum-developed action game that was previously scheduled for Xbox One and PC, is in trouble and may be cancelled, according to several sources.
Rumors Swirl That Scalebound Is In Trouble

Eurogamer just confirmed it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-09-sources-microsoft-and-platinum-part-ways-on-scalebound-development-ceased

DerNebel

Jason Schreier uh oh....

Wow Crackdown 3 I can easily see, but I didn't really think Scalebound was having problems.

Legend

Kitler was right!  :'(

Jason Schreier uh oh....

Wow Crackdown 3 I can easily see, but I didn't really think Scalebound was having problems.
Yeah I've been bad as of late with updating the insider batting average thread, but Schreier has a perfect track record. Scalebound might still survive but the dev issues should be taken as fact.

ethomaz

Jason Schreier uh oh....

Did you see the awful E3 demostration???

ethomaz

the-pi-guy

Ouch....

Thats Shinobi...  

Basically have to take it as fact that it's cancelled.  

darkknightkryta

I still find it hard to believe Microsoft passed on Bayonetta for this...

DerNebel

Xbox One Games | Xbox

Scalebound is still among the upcoming games, click the link and see where it takes you... this is real.

Did you see the awful E3 demostration???
Yes I saw it, compared to Crackdown, which had nothing to show at all.

BananaKing

Xbox One Games | Xbox

Scalebound is still among the upcoming games, click the link and see where it takes you... this is real.
Yes I saw it, compared to Crackdown, which had nothing to show at all.
similar shame like this happened right before MS canned fable legends. this thing is as good as canned.

ethomaz

Xbox One Games | Xbox

Did you clicked in Scalebound? The page is not available anymore (it redirects to Minecraft bundle for me).

Edit - That is exactly what you did... etho idiot lol.

Legend

Wow it's canceled. Sony has been really frustrating with delays but if this is true, Microsoft will be remembered for canceling games this gen.

Project Knoxville
Phantom Dust
Fable Legends
Shangheist
Scalebound
Probably Crackdown 3 at this rate

ethomaz

Wow it's canceled. Sony has been really frustrating with delays but if this is true, Microsoft will be remembered for canceling games this gen.

Project Knoxville
Phantom Dust
Fable Legends
Shangheist
Scalebound
Probably Crackdown 3 at this rate
Looks like Spencer will have a worst track record than Mattrick.

kitler53

Kitler was right!  :'(
Yeah I've been bad as of late with updating the insider batting average thread, but Schreier has a perfect track record. Scalebound might still survive but the dev issues should be taken as fact.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Go Up