Nintendo Switch presentation: On third thought, it was that bad

Started by Legend, Jan 03, 2017, 04:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Numerous rumors are suggesting that the Switch will launch at $250.
That'll be bad if the rumored specs are true. Not doomed by any means, but not an attractive price either.

Aura7541

That'll be bad if the rumored specs are true. Not doomed by any means, but not an attractive price either.
$250 with a game is acceptable. However, if it's for only the standalone system, then I'll be holding off until it drops in price.

Legend

$250 with a game is acceptable. However, if it's for only the standalone system, then I'll be holding off until it drops in price.
What if the game is just a minigame collection like in the past?

darkknightkryta

Garbage

DerNebel

I think it'll be a Wii U port. I also think the lowest launch price will be $250, I could even see $300, otherwise they'll barely have any room downwards for future price cuts.

the-pi-guy

Jan 08, 2017, 11:39 PM Last Edit: Jan 08, 2017, 11:45 PM by the-pi-guy
 A pokemon NX bundle would be awesome though.
299$, would be like reintroducing the Wii U.  I really hope they don't pull that, but they might decide it's a value over the Wii U to not drop the price.  And I think this would put it pretty much

249$ seems realistic, and I think that's the highest price that they should really try to pull off.  

199$ would be the best realistic price though.

The biggest thing that Nintendo needs to do aside from getting the price right, is to get the games right.  (And frankly I think they kind of suck at this; mostly because they release a specific list of games nearly every gen and then that gen dries up. ie, make a Mario Kart game, and then Mario Kart is done.)  
Third party is a big unknown here.  Pretty much universally sucks in this department, and with Switch being so far behind, there's not a lot of reason to assume it'll get better.  The list of game developers that are tentatively announced are really promising, so I'm hoping for the best.  
Nintendo needs to be strong.  They really need to stop hoping for a Wii like success, and just push and make lots of new games.  

Leaked specs are true. Wii U power when docked, $199.
Leaked specs are true, but Nintendo won't be where we get that information.  We'll get that information a few months later when Digital Foundry looks at it.  (If we are lucky...)

Zelda a day one game.
Splatoon and Mario Kart also day one.

3D Mario and new Pikmen a few months later.

Pokemon Star teased for this holiday.

Not a single multiplat AAA shown.
I'm guessing the rumored games will be true.  

Skyrim will probably be the only multiplat...  

I am predicting.... 2 third party games to be there.  

Aura7541

Pass. Full game or no buy.

kitler53

rumored specs are true.
$250
$300 with a game
no zelda at launch
that mario game at launch
3rd party (AAA) are all either ports of ps360 games or nintendo payed for exclusive development
plenty of indies but they probably won't be at this event
plenty of "enhanced" wiiU ports
nintendo exlusive that will make nintendo fans swear nintendo is going to destroy the console market with their amazing exclulsives that everyone just has to play and for non-nintendo fans say wtf is this shame.

i honestly think the (reasonable) leaks are all right since the early leaks were so perfect to the revel video.  i'm not expencting any (good) surprises.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

rumored specs are true.
$250
$300 with a game
no zelda at launch
that mario game at launch
3rd party (AAA) are all either ports of ps360 games or nintendo payed for exclusive development
plenty of indies but they probably won't be at this event
plenty of "enhanced" wiiU ports
nintendo exlusive that will make nintendo fans swear nintendo is going to destroy the console market with their amazing exclulsives that everyone just has to play and for non-nintendo fans say wtf is this shame.

i honestly think the (reasonable) leaks are all right since the early leaks were so perfect to the revel video.  i'm not expencting any (good) surprises.

thats so true. it happened all the time with the WiiU.

i feel this is a problem that nintendo just doesnt get and understand. they keep saying the phrase "you can only play mario, zelda, etc etc on X nintendo system" and act like the majority of people want to play those games. they cant really understand that a lot of people and gamers dont give a shame about those games and never will. they cant seem to understand that the type of games they make, keep on making and always made and never make anything else just isnt interesting to a huge load of gamers.

kitler53

thats so true. it happened all the time with the WiiU.

i feel this is a problem that nintendo just doesnt get and understand. they keep saying the phrase "you can only play mario, zelda, etc etc on X nintendo system" and act like the majority of people want to play those games. they cant really understand that a lot of people and gamers dont give a shame about those games and never will. they cant seem to understand that the type of games they make, keep on making and always made and never make anything else just isnt interesting to a huge load of gamers.
for me personally:

metroid i'd care about but nintendo does not anymore.
smash brothers and mario kart have lost their luster.  really good games in their day but i'm just bored of the franchise now.
zelda had lost it's luster for me as well but at least breath of the wild at least looks like it might be difffernt enough to want to play but i don't know,.. 
and nothing else over the wiiU gen was compelling to me.  wonderful 101, splatoon, xenoblade,.. meh meh and meh.  

if everything on wiiU was ported to switch and then more software was developed for switch by the end of the gen maybe there are enought games to kind of make ti work buying swtich at ~$100 for me.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

DerNebel

Just found this on the Switch subreddit, guess people are already in brain-off, hype-on mode cause otherwise I don't see how anyone could believe this.

Just got to see this list at my Local GameStop, Germany. Rep says everything besides Sonic is a release title. Prices still placeholder. : NintendoSwitch

Legend

Just found this on the Switch subreddit, guess people are already in brain-off, hype-on mode cause otherwise I don't see how anyone could believe this.

Just got to see this list at my Local GameStop, Germany. Rep says everything besides Sonic is a release title. Prices still placeholder. : NintendoSwitch
It's not even that great though. It's mostly Wii U ports or games that would have been releasing around this time for Wii U if the system didn't flop.

Plus why would anyone be excited for a new Sonic game after the recent ones?

the-pi-guy

It's not even that great though. It's mostly Wii U ports or games that would have been releasing around this time for Wii U if the system didn't flop.
5 place holder games!  

This man asks big questions.  

DerNebel

Why haven't people stopped getting excited for Sonic over the last ten years?  :D

But well there's a lot placeholders on the list, so those could be new games. I don't even have much of a problem believing that those are all games that will be shown on thursday/friday, it's more the "all of them except Sonic will be launch titles" part that's just way too absurd to even consider. Like fudgy Dragon Quest XI isn't even out in Japan and here this dude is claiming it'll be a launch game in Europe? There's literally a 0% chance of that happening.

Aura7541

Nintendo Switch US Price Leak : NintendoSwitch

Hello everyone! This morning we received some interesting news, and as such we took the time to verify the validity of it. After investigating we found the information to be true: This morning, a new SKU (5670100) has appeared in Best Buy's price system. This sku has the description "Nintendo N2", and is priced at $249.99. This is the only new SKU that we are presently aware of.

Keep in mind, that while the name is quite clearly a placeholder, the price may be as well, so do take this with a grain of salt.
I work at best buy and this morning we got a price change report saying the switch is $249.99 : NintendoSwitch

Go Up