Final Fantasy 15

Started by darkknightkryta, Nov 24, 2016, 03:38 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Pretty cool, and not so cool.  :D

DerNebel

I want to play either this or TLG during the holidays. So I now have to choose between a game whose story clearly isn't finished yet and one whose framerate is all over the place... man I hope TLG gets patched before christmas, cause this with FFXV looks like it's going to take some time.

ethomaz

Dec 08, 2016, 01:20 PM Last Edit: Dec 08, 2016, 01:22 PM by ethomaz
I want to play either this or TLG during the holidays. So I now have to choose between a game whose story clearly isn't finished yet and one whose framerate is all over the place... man I hope TLG gets patched before christmas, cause this with FFXV looks like it's going to take some time.
The issue with FFXV is that most people won't replay a 30+ hours game just to see more about the story after the patches... I would prefer just look at YouTube.

It is obvious the game needed more months.

Or that is a reaction to reviewers the story is poor??? Loot at this novel (http://cdn.sqexeu.com/files/ff15/main_site/public/novella/FFXV_Novel_ENG.pdf)... it is obvious a script for a Prologue that was not implemented ingame.

darkknightkryta

I'll give credit to Square on this though.  The 2 years they probably crunched to get this game finished ended up better than the 2 year crunch to get FF 13 finished.  Though I wonder if it was really necessary to rewrite the game after Tabata took over.  

ethomaz

Some that guy saying to work for SE doing a QA about FFXV development...

/v/ - I worked on FF 15, ask me anything! - Video Games - 4chan

It is surprising interesting about what was cut, the changes, the initial versus vision...

CONTAIN SPOILERS ABOUT THE STORY!!!

Raven

So this is some of the stuff that stood out to me from that 4chan thread. According to this person...

The game had no choice but to release in 2016 due to certain contractual obligations and this was non-negotiable before Tabata even took over the project.

The game's story was rewritten to some extent last year. Partly because people wanted to play as the three friends. They needed the reason for those characters to be doing their own thing to make sense but they found they couldn't complete the actual gameplay in time so they were relegated to being DLC.

The team literally ran out of time. Quite a bit was left out of the game and there is no telling if they will ever be able to work on the stuff that was cut to put into the game later.

The last minute delay was because the team was afraid the critics would crud all over the game if it released as it was. They needed just a little bit more time. It is definitely an unfinished game.

The later parts of the game weren't supposed to be so linear. They were to be smaller explorable areas but the team had to cut corners.

The person feels that the game was too ambitious given the timetable they were handed.

The ending of the game was supposed to be left to interpretation.

Certain parts of the game had to be redesigned because the engine couldn't handle them.

Square felt that certain elements of the past incarnations of FF15 had to be kept because they had already been announced.

Some of the team expected harsher criticisms than what has been thrown at the game. For the most part, the reception has exceeded their expectations.

The next game the FF15 team will work on will not use the same engine.

The end portion of the game was intended to be much larger with more areas being playable and more characters from earlier making an appearance.

Tabata was chosen as the new director because Square needed a mainline game in the franchise to ship by 2016 that had more modern, mainstream gaming trends in it and they trusted him to get the job done.

The game had barely 3 years of actual development time.

It was originally a single game but the former director kept expanding the scope and then wanted to make it into a multi-part series. The new team condensed it back down into one game.

Aura7541

So the Luminous engine is dead?

Dr. Pezus

Shame, the Game looks great

ethomaz

Well that was expected... FF7R and KH3 are using Unreal Engine 4.

Only FFXV used Luminous.

darkknightkryta

What contracts did they have that they can't change the release date of a game they own?  The development time sounds right, they pretty much scrapped everything and started again when they switched to PS4.  A shame about the Luminous Engine, while I drive around and such, it makes me think just how beautiful FF 8 would look in that game.

the-pi-guy

What contracts did they have that they can't change the release date of a game they own?
Marketing contract?  :o

NeverDies

I just got the platinum trophy for this game, my first one ever!

I thought the open world aspects of the game were amazing, but it did feel like there was an exponential content shortage with every chapter after you left the first open world area.

I'd give the game a 9/10.

...I may have played it for around 80 hours.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

ethomaz

IF you guys cares about my hate score...

7/10 - Not the FF I ever wished to play. Unfinished and unfocused.

Dr. Pezus

Waiting for them to finish it

Legend

I liked watching it

Go Up