Pros:

Great combat
Strong characters
Flexible progression

Cons:

Vague story
Unremarkable music

darkknightkryta

I'm about 10 hours in.  So far I wouldn't say "great combat", I'd say more "Works well enough".  They completely ruined magic.  Every magic I've used so far has hurt me just as much as the enemy.  And since you don't control your party you can't really pull people back to cast anything.  Music has been lifted from Kingdom Hearts, not sure if you'd call that unremarkable.  Can't comment on the story, I've been working on side quests.

ethomaz

I'm about 10 hours in.  So far I wouldn't say "great combat", I'd say more "Works well enough".  They completely ruined magic.  Every magic I've used so far has hurt me just as much as the enemy.  And since you don't control your party you can't really pull people back to cast anything.  Music has been lifted from Kingdom Hearts, not sure if you'd call that unremarkable.  Can't comment on the story, I've been working on side quests.
People on GAF are trashing the reviews due "unremarkable music" because one of the mods worked in the music for SE... I found it good but not the best found in the franchise like some seems to overhype :D

darkknightkryta

People on GAF are trashing the reviews due "unremarkable music" because one of the mods worked in the music for SE... I found it good but not the best found in the franchise like some seems to overhype :D
Like I said, they lifted the tracks from Kingdom Hearts.  To praise Kingdom Hearts and then shame on FF 15 is stupid.

On another note, HOLY fudgy shame!  Not only did they delay the game to include the "Day 1 patch", the "Day 1 patch" that got uploaded yesterday changes some towns and includes more cutscenes.  WTF?  You delayed the game to get that all in!

ethomaz

Like I said, they lifted the tracks from Kingdom Hearts.  To praise Kingdom Hearts and then shame on FF 15 is stupid.

On another note, HOLY fudgy shame!  Not only did they delay the game to include the "Day 1 patch", the "Day 1 patch" that got uploaded yesterday changes some towns and includes more cutscenes.  WTF?  You delayed the game to get that all in!
That is the 2nd Day 1 patch :P it add the movies cutscenes in a confusing way.

New reviews: 9/10 (http://gearnuke.com/final-fantasy-xv-review/)

Dr. Pezus

Yeah it has nothing to do with sexuality.

I like them a lot because I think they're hilarious. If I was sexually interested in a group of guys then I wouldn't play FFXV I'd just watch some videos online.Prompto is the most attractive one tho
Hey it was just a silly joke

Raven

So far, Opencritic has it at 84 after 18 reviews. Metacritic has it at 86 after 24 reviews.

Xevross

So far, Opencritic has it at 84 after 18 reviews. Metacritic has it at 86 after 24 reviews.
My opencritic score guess was 84  :D

Raven

My opencritic score guess was 84  :D
Haha a little early to pat yourself on the back.

Xevross

Haha a little early to pat yourself on the back.
Well it might be the only time I can

Dr. Pezus

About as I expected. Probably will end around 84-85

darkknightkryta

To tell you the truth, the game feels a lot like Phantom Pain.  Just in Final Fantasy form.  Though I so far agree with reviewers about the lack of story telling.   I honestly miss those half hour/hour long cutscenes in games.

ethomaz

Nov 28, 2016, 06:26 PM Last Edit: Nov 28, 2016, 06:28 PM by ethomaz
To tell you the truth, the game feels a lot like Phantom Pain.  Just in Final Fantasy form.  Though I so far agree with reviewers about the lack of story telling.   I honestly miss those half hour/hour long cutscenes in games.
FF fans are used to these GC epic cutscenes and outside the begin and end looks like FXV devs opted to use in game cutscenes.

The result is not on pair with previous games and the lack of a cohesive narrative hurts a lot... I don't know where you are but most events happens in background without the game telling you what happened... you will be like WTF happened to this dude from one chapter to other.

It really has a bad story telling that I guess it is because the way they have to cut/modify Vesus XIII story into XV... it looks like a Frankenstein.

It is a good game but with that felling it could be more... or what could be Versus XIII if they delivered it.

the-pi-guy

Well it might be the only time I can
You can pat yourself on the back whenever you want.  
You have a back, and a patter.  Nothing anyone can do to stop you!  

Raven

You can pat yourself on the back whenever you want.  
You have a back, and a patter.  Nothing anyone can do to stop you!  
If he does, I will fudge you in the mouth. You've been warned.

Go Up