New site feature! It's a clock!

Started by Legend, Sep 19, 2014, 04:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Code: [Select]
[clock]time offset, example: 0, -5, 7 etc.[/clock]

[clock]4[/clock]

So now in the TGS schedule thread there's a clock saying what time it is in Japan. Pretty useful!

kitler53

Sep 19, 2014, 04:08 PM Last Edit: Sep 19, 2014, 04:14 PM by kitler53
[clock]1[/clock]

not sure i get this.  i put in -6 (which is the offset to CST where i live) and i get a time that isn't my time.

let me guess,... you're server isn't set to UTC (but rather MST) which is why my offset required a 1 to represent the time for CST correctly.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

[clock]1[/clock]

testing.

not sure i get this.  i put in -6 (which is the offset to CST where i live) and i get a time that isn't my time.

let me guess,... you're server isn't set to UTC which is why my offset required a 1 to represent the time for CST correctly.

Yeah server is mountain time!

kitler53

Yeah server is mountain time!

yeah,. guessed that eventually.   i'd think you have to set the server to UTC if you want people to in general get this.  guessing that you live in MST isn't something most users are going to remember and it throws off my google searches for time zone conversions.  when i google "japan time zone" the reply is UTC + 9.

Legend

yeah,. guessed that eventually.   i'd think you have to set the server to UTC if you want people to in general get this.  guessing that you live in MST isn't something most users are going to remember and it throws off my google searches for time zone conversions.  when i google "japan time zone" the reply is UTC + 9.

Dude get with the times.

Already changed ;)

kitler53

Dude get with the times.

Already changed ;)

what would you do without me complaining all the time.  ;)

retesting...
[clock]-6[/clock]

edit: i'm still an hour off.   DST issue i'm guessing.

Legend

what would you do without me complaining all the time.  ;)

retesting...
[clock]-6[/clock]

edit: i'm still an hour off.   DST issue i'm guessing.

Yeah no DST settings atm.

kitler53

Yeah no DST settings atm.

"ideally" instead of putting in a number like -6 i could put in the 3-digit code of "CST" and the clock would work.