PS4 Sells Huge on Destiny Week, Destiny is PS4's biggest SW Launch (USA)

Started by Xevross, Sep 17, 2014, 09:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

They seem to be talking about Christmas as in the holliday period, not as in specifically Dec. 25. Otherwise they'd just say it was the best week in 2014 imo.

Yeap... it is better than at least one week in 2013 but lower than at least one week in Christmas period.

Dr. Pezus

That's wishful thinking, bros!

Dr. Pezus

Yeap... it is better than at least one week in 2013 but lower than at least one week in Christmas period.

Yeah, better than the week after Christmas week (Dec 26-...)

Max King of the Wild

That would be weird...why would they be talking about the week from Dec 14 to 21? That's not even close to XMAS!
talking about Christmas week makes no sense either since stores are closed for two of those days and sales slow ridiculously after the 25th. So that would mean the majority of those sales of the week came in two days.

7H3

yeah I would think the week before would be highest sales in the holidays, and black friday sales as well of course I mean globally in the us though
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

kitler53

would be surprised if ps4 sold more than 600k for the month World Wide

are you kidding me?    ps4 sold ~450k for the month of aug WW.  August,.. the slowest month of the year.   August,..  the month that didn't have destiny launch.  August,..  the month that doesn't kick off the start of the holiday rise.    it would be extraordinarily disappointing if ps4 only sold 600k WW.  even without destiny ps4 should have hit 600k WW this month purely on the early holiday rise.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

also i just want to point out the thing you guys aren't explicitly realizing about this announcement...

...sony has to have a way to track weekly sales that isn't NPD.   sony announced the launch day sales and everyone assumed that sony just used the shippment numbers.  sony announced over 7M and everyone assumed it was just adding together the various trackers.  sony announced 10M and everyone went wft?!?   but knowing they had their biggest week of the year (even if they aren't giving out the exact value) days after the destiny launch,..  the evidence is too much now.  they have to have a tracking system in place.

BananaKing

are you kidding me?    ps4 sold ~450k for the month of aug WW.  August,.. the slowest month of the year.   August,..  the month that didn't have destiny launch.  August,..  the month that doesn't kick off the start of the holiday rise.    it would be extraordinarily disappointing if ps4 only sold 600k WW.  even without destiny ps4 should have hit 600k WW this month purely on the early holiday rise.

And the fact that sept is a 5 week month

ethomaz

And the fact that sept is a 5 week month

Plus September is when end of the year boost in sales start to happen no matter what.

Mmm_fish_tacos

So 800k for the month?

Legend

also i just want to point out the thing you guys aren't explicitly realizing about this announcement...

...sony has to have a way to track weekly sales that isn't NPD.   sony announced the launch day sales and everyone assumed that sony just used the shippment numbers.  sony announced over 7M and everyone assumed it was just adding together the various trackers.  sony announced 10M and everyone went wft?!?   but knowing they had their biggest week of the year (even if they aren't giving out the exact value) days after the destiny launch,..  the evidence is too much now.  they have to have a tracking system in place.

Yes SCEI tracks both hardware and software.

kitler53

So 800k for the month?

at least...  in aug ps4 was doing 130k minimum (really closer to 150k other than the last week).   130k * 5 weeks = 650k.     (or 150k * 5 weeks = 750k)

so 650k + holiday boost + destiny boost.

if we assume a modest holiday boost of 10% then

130k*1.1  * 5 weeks = 715k    (or 150k*1.1 * 5 weeks = 825k)

i think destiny alone adds a minimum 150k to those numbers.

so 850k is imo the absolute worst case scenario.   1M on the month is not unreachable.

ethomaz

September for PS4 will be over 1.2 million... ~1.5m.

WW

Dr. Pezus

September for PS4 will be over 1.2 million... ~1.5m.

WW

I say 1.1-1.2m. After adjustments, of course

Max King of the Wild

11m announcement comming soon.

Go Up