Let's Design the Index Page: Good?

Started by Legend, Aug 26, 2014, 07:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

you may already be well aware of this but... 

...the front page has the filters for "show unread since last visit" and "show new replies".   those pages use the old front page layout.  probably should propagate the front page layout changes to those filters.  imo.

Yeah same goes for the individual boards
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?board=8.0

u4gReservoirDogs

You should have a big huge bar appear over the top of the screen. Is that not clear enough?

I now see it ... how could I've missed that?  :o
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

Legend

I'm going through and converting the rest of the site to the new index design.

u4gReservoirDogs

When I click on "Show new replies to your posts." after I log in then it shows the old icons.
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

ethomaz

When I click on "Show new replies to your posts." after I log in then it shows the old icons.

It is because it uses the standard forum template and not the Index Page one... this one is default for all boards.

u4gReservoirDogs

It is because it uses the standard forum template and not the Index Page one... this one is default for all boards.

So it can't be changed? I thought I found something that was broken. :(

ethomaz

So it can't be changed? I thought I found something that was broken. :(

It can :D but we need to change all the forum default template... it is not just one file but dozen :D

Time is the key... I think it will get done eventually.

Legend

It will get done after NPD.

I already have it halfway finished in the dev build.

u4gReservoirDogs

Legend

Sorry for not getting to this sooner.

Updated all the pages and removed the old design everywhere.

It "visually" should all be up to date, however when clicking on the thread title in these other places it just brings you to the first post instead of the newest. I'll get to that later.

Go Up