Video Game Sales Thread

Started by Xevross, Aug 14, 2014, 02:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BananaKing

Ya'll being way to optimistic that it's guaranteed 80+. The story could be meh, and the characters and missions could not be interesting and repetitive. We already know the side content isn't much and that will surely lower the scores. There are a lot of variables and Insomniac have a history of fudgy up and doing mediocre games. Granted Spiderman does look good, but it's certainly not guaranteed an 80+

Cute Pikachu

Ya'll being way to optimistic that it's guaranteed 80+. The story could be meh, and the characters and missions could not be interesting and repetitive. We already know the side content isn't much and that will surely lower the scores. There are a lot of variables and Insomniac have a history of fudgy up and doing mediocre games. Granted Spiderman does look good, but it's certainly not guaranteed an 80+
Your right. However, I do think it'll score higher than most super hero games. Hopefully it scores higher than Arkham Knight.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Xevross

Oh of course its not guaranteed but to me it looks like it'll be mid to high 80s from what I've seen about the game. I guess we'll see.

Dr. Pezus

Y'all don't know me and Xev are master score predictors

Xevross

Y'all don't know me and Xev are master score predictors
Especially when it comes to PS exclusives this year  :P

I was spot on with GOW and only one off with Detroit. Not too bad!

Legend

Especially when it comes to PS exclusives this year  :P

I was spot on with GOW and only one off with Detroit. Not too bad!
You obviously will be spot on with Spiderman too but maybe that'll only be because we convince you to lower your expectations  ;D

Xevross

You obviously will be spot on with Spiderman too but maybe that'll only be because we convince you to lower your expectations  ;D
Haha maybe. I'm so excited for it!

the-pi-guy

I'm sure it'll score well, maybe upper 80's even.  

But based on Insomniac's current track record, it's not guaranteed to score above an 80.  

BananaKing

Your right. However, I do think it'll score higher than most super hero games. Hopefully it scores higher than Arkham Knight.
I think it will score well, but I doubt it will be high 80's. This game has some shortcomings that we already know about, like the lacking side missions (at least that's what I get from previews) and a lack of a dynamic day/night cycle which is pretty standard now days. The game could also be short. Which would deducte from its score.

The gameplay and production quality seem very high and insomniac seem to be trying very hard to be truthful to the source material. Which could benefit the game a lot.

To me there just seems a lot of variables. But if it scored 80 or higher than I think this game will go on and sell a shame ton.

Dr. Pezus

I'm sure it'll score well, maybe upper 80's even.  

But based on Insomniac's current track record, it's not guaranteed to score above an 80.  
Have insomniac made such a huge game though recently? With first party and marvel backing

the-pi-guy

Have insomniac made such a huge game though recently? With first party and marvel backing
Why does Marvel matter?  
The last marvel game to get above an 80, was Lego Marvel Super Heroes, 5 years ago.  None of the recent Lego Marvel did it.  

First party doesn't matter that much either.  3 of the 4 last Ratchet and Clank games failed to give an 80.  And Sunset Overdrive barely made an 80.  

the-pi-guy

Jul 22, 2018, 09:20 PM Last Edit: Jul 22, 2018, 09:27 PM by the-pi-guy
Ya'll are optimistic sons a guns.  /s

Dr. Pezus

Why does Marvel matter?  
The last marvel game to get above an 80, was Lego Marvel Super Heroes, 5 years ago.  None of the recent Lego Marvel did it.  

First party doesn't matter that much either.  3 of the 4 last Ratchet and Clank games failed to give an 80.  And Sunset Overdrive barely made an 80.  

Lego is Lego. They're looking at this as their darling

Dr. Pezus

Looks like betting is in order for this one!

Xevross

After selling 7.9M in its first quarter, MH:W only sold 400k in its second. I guess that article about the company worrying about its sales makes a bit more sense now.

Go Up