iPhone X announced, doesn't have a home button

Started by Legend, Sep 12, 2017, 09:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Not even a digital home button like on other recent phones. It's 100% gone.

BananaKing

Over priced piece of trash.

nnodley

Over priced piece of trash.
Yep, high price for stuff done by other phones over the past 2-3 years.  But people will still line up for this kind of price gouging.

Dr. Pezus

Face recognition from the past future

darkknightkryta

Sony's new flagship has 3D scanner that works with 3D printers...

Legend

It's stupid how the screen isn't a rectangle. The corners and left side are cut off from the content.

I don't even like the curved edges on new Samsung screens, but at least you can see those. They should make the software only display within a "safe" area and then only extend into the rest of the space for select apps.

the-pi-guy

Looks kinda cool, except the notch sounds awful.

Apparently the scroll bar can disappear behind the notch. (of course if you take screenshots of the screen, it takes the full rectangle.).

Apparently the apple guidelines say not to hide or distract from the rounded corners...  

BananaKing

I really really hope manufacturers don't start coping that curved edges screen. It's looks horrible and has no benefit.

Xevross

The phone looks hideous to me, I absolutely hate the look of the screen at the top. Also its typical apple taking old android features and passing them off as their own innovations. Like every apple phone its overpriced and behind the times, but people will still flock to buy it.

ethomaz

Looks nice but too big.

Cute Pikachu

That seems like a really easy phone to scratch or break....
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Legend

That seems like a really easy phone to scratch or break....
Phone screens are super strong nowadays. Plus everyone puts them in cases anyway.

Cute Pikachu

Phone screens are super strong nowadays. Plus everyone puts them in cases anyway.
Ehh we will see.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

the-pi-guy

I doubt it'd scratch.  I have had plenty of touch screen devices, from the iPod Touch to my current Android.  They don't tend to scratch that easily.  

Break definitely.  Cases make a massive difference though.  I dropped my iPod tons of times before anything happened to the screen.  And that was a really cheap case.  

Tachikoma

Oh look apple being brave again and removing more well used features (this time home button, last time headphones).

Still waiting to hear why they had to remove the 3.5mm jack from a 7.7mm iPhone when the 6.6mm Samsung managed to keep it just fine.

I genuinely pitty the type of person that has had iPhone and nothing but iPhone for the past several years, upgrading each release.