PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Dr. Pezus

I swear I read this month's ago. Anyway, glad they went with Norse, it's so much more interesting.
Plus now there are more games set in Egypt and it's a bit too similar to Greece imo

Legend

Plus now there are more games set in Egypt and it's a bit too similar to Greece imo
First gow had the desert area that felt a lot like egypt.

darkknightkryta

First gow had the desert area that felt a lot like egypt.
I think Ascensions had a lot of Egyptian like areas in the beginning.

Legend

I think Ascensions had a lot of Egyptian like areas in the beginning.
I barely remember that game. It has a prison and then a deserted town or something, then ended on an island...

Xevross

Spidey reviews are out kn the 4th, so three days before the game is out. Shows some confidence! I really hope it reviews well, if it does manage 90+ the game will be a monster.

nnodley

So I loaded up The Lost Legacy yesterday to kinda get a better idea of how I can improve on placing/making foliage and various small details I can add on the ground.  And it literally looks a generation behind The Last of Us 2 gameplay demo.  I think the big part is their switch from hand painting textures in uncharted to using scanned textures/megascans in TLOU 2.   It was just crazy how much worse the lost legacy looks compared to it, imo.

darkknightkryta

So I loaded up The Lost Legacy yesterday to kinda get a better idea of how I can improve on placing/making foliage and various small details I can add on the ground.  And it literally looks a generation behind The Last of Us 2 gameplay demo.  I think the big part is their switch from hand painting textures in uncharted to using scanned textures/megascans in TLOU 2.   It was just crazy how much worse the lost legacy looks compared to it, imo.
I haven't played Lost Legacy yet, but I always felt Uncharted 4's shading was still based in last gen's rendering.  I think The Last of Us has a completely new lighting/shading model.  Maybe they got that voxel cone lighting working.  The one that Capcom and Epic couldn't do (on consoles).

Legend

I haven't played Lost Legacy yet, but I always felt Uncharted 4's shading was still based in last gen's rendering.  I think The Last of Us has a completely new lighting/shading model.  Maybe they got that voxel cone lighting working.  The one that Capcom and Epic couldn't do (on consoles).
Uncharted 4 also felt very stylized. Everything had a faint cartoon look to it.

TLOU2 seems much more focused on realism.

nnodley

Yeah a lot of their textures were pretty bright and weird looking in terms of realistic.  Drakes house and the epilogue beach house was pretty photoreal though.  I think a lot of it is the exterior feeling the most cartoonish.  

Uncharted looks amazing, but its easy to look at it and know something is off in terms of realism.  TLOU2 is going to be bonkers with its graphics.

Kerotan

Aug 25, 2018, 05:42 AM Last Edit: Aug 25, 2018, 05:46 AM by Kerotan
It's just their slow transition from cartoon graphics to realistic ones finally coming to and end. The lost legacy looks fantastic but there's no doubting tlou 2 is a big step up.

I'm firmly back on the gta v train since the nightclub update. So much to do since I was last on. Did the doomsday heist, the hanger, the nightclub, the biker gang and I'm half way through the bunker research. Bought the terabyte, the jetpackx, the avenger, the stromberg and fired the orbital cannon. Finished lamars and Martins missions. Still lots to do but boy have they added so much content since I stopped playing.

Also the red dead treasure hunt and the hatchet mission were so cool. Best game ever made. Not my all time favourite but definitely the best.

darkknightkryta

Yeah, that was their shading model.  They probably got a better model working for The Last of Us 2.

Legend

Yeah, that was their shading model.  They probably got a better model working for The Last of Us 2.
It was on purpose. They tried to keep to the feel of the ps3 games.

darkknightkryta

It was on purpose. They tried to keep to the feel of the ps3 games.
Of course, it's the same tech. The Last of Us using that shading model would look same.

Legend

Of course, it's the same tech. The Last of Us using that shading model would look same.
That's not how shaders really work...

Sure they can control the art style in some ways but that's an artistic thing mostly and not a tech thing.

Also where did you read that U4 used the same graphics tech as U3? Or what are you meaning?

Go Up