IGN Rumor: PS4 Release for Remastered Beyond: Two Souls

Started by ethomaz, Jul 08, 2014, 02:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

Beyond: Two Souls is reportedly getting a remastered Director's Cut release on PS4, according to retailer listings and a developer's portfolio.

Two German retail sites - Alcom and World of Games (since removed) - have listed the expanded version of the title for release on Sony's new console later this year.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/08/beyond-two-souls-directors-cut-rumoured-for-ps4

That's why I didn't buy it on PS3.

Dr. Pezus

Nice. I'll get it then.

7H3

yeah its release was too close to PS4 release so I didn't get it... but I probably would have if I wasn't getting my ps4 at launch
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

nnodley

I would probably get this again once it gets $30 or lower. 

BananaKing

should have been a summer release when there was no competition.

i still havent played the game, i was planning too this or next month. not sure i will get it on PS4 now, because i dont wanna pay 60$ for it. i wanna pay in the 20$ range.

Legend

I hope it's true.

I bought the game at launch but I've been holding off on a second playthrough.

Raven

should have been a summer release when there was no competition.

i still havent played the game, i was planning too this or next month. not sure i will get it on PS4 now, because i dont wanna pay 60$ for it. i wanna pay in the 20$ range.

It's actually not a bad idea to release it this Fall. It probably costs Sony jack shame to remaster these games compared to their original development costs. So I don't think they're really worried about selling loads of copies. What this does do is help fill out the roster of games for the Fall to combat whatever Microsoft is throwing out and help sell a few more PS4's. Releasing it at a time when Sony still seems very much in control and with no other titles to compete with might be a waste when they can save it for later and say, "Hey! In addition to LittleBigPlanet 3 and Driveclub for first party games we also have a remastered version of Beyond for those of you who missed it the first time!". Plus, Shinobi insists that God of War: Ascension is getting ported to PS4 as well. If that's true, and in addition to games like Natural Doctrine, Guilty Gear Xrd, and Samurai Warriors 4, the PS4 could actually have a loaded holiday. If the PS4 squashes the X1 during the holiday rush you can pretty much declare game over.

By the way, does anyone else notice a lack of X1 games with a projected Q1 2015 release date? The Order is releasing in February and Bloodborne is rumored to be launching by March. Both games are obviously a big deal. If Microsoft doesn't have anything at that time it could be a blood bath.

BananaKing

It's actually not a bad idea to release it this Fall. It probably costs Sony jack shame to remaster these games compared to their original development costs. So I don't think they're really worried about selling loads of copies. What this does do is help fill out the roster of games for the Fall to combat whatever Microsoft is throwing out and help sell a few more PS4's. Releasing it at a time when Sony still seems very much in control and with no other titles to compete with might be a waste when they can save it for later and say, "Hey! In addition to LittleBigPlanet 3 and Driveclub for first party games we also have a remastered version of Beyond for those of you who missed it the first time!". Plus, Shinobi insists that God of War: Ascension is getting ported to PS4 as well. If that's true, and in addition to games like Natural Doctrine, Guilty Gear Xrd, and Samurai Warriors 4, the PS4 could actually have a loaded holiday. If the PS4 squashes the X1 during the holiday rush you can pretty much declare game over.

By the way, does anyone else notice a lack of X1 games with a projected Q1 2015 release date? The Order is releasing in February and Bloodborne is rumored to be launching by March. Both games are obviously a big deal. If Microsoft doesn't have anything at that time it could be a blood bath.

we have to wait until gamescom for that. maybe Quantum Break? they said they will talk about it at gamescom. anyways gamescom is the last realistic place for MS and Sony to announce a Q1 game. we already have the order from sony confirmed, but it was announced as a Feb game, makes you wonder why not march, and since The Order was planned as a 2014 game, we could very well have a game planned for march. Microsoft didnt announce anything at E3 for Q1 2015, so we will have to wait and see for gamescom if there will be any.

i think the order will be feb as its already announced
MLB for march.
Bloodborne for april or may, i think it was planned for march, but to space things out they will delay it a month or two.

Raven

we have to wait until gamescom for that. maybe Quantum Break? they said they will talk about it at gamescom. anyways gamescom is the last realistic place for MS and Sony to announce a Q1 game. we already have the order from sony confirmed, but it was announced as a Feb game, makes you wonder why not march, and since The Order was planned as a 2014 game, we could very well have a game planned for march. Microsoft didnt announce anything at E3 for Q1 2015, so we will have to wait and see for gamescom if there will be any.

i think the order will be feb as its already announced
MLB for march.
Bloodborne for april or may, i think it was planned for march, but to space things out they will delay it a month or two.

According to Shinobi, Quantum Break is targeted for a late Summer 2015 release.

BananaKing

According to Shinobi, Quantum Break is targeted for a late Summer 2015 release.

August or September then. Microsoft must announce something at gamescom. or else they wont have anything until Quantum break for next year. maybe just project spark?

Mmm_fish_tacos

Spark is this year.

Dr. Pezus

Spark is this year.

Project Spank might be next year, though

Raven

August or September then. Microsoft must announce something at gamescom. or else they wont have anything until Quantum break for next year. maybe just project spark?

Like Tacos said, Project Spark is releasing this Fall after being in Beta for forever now. Plus, let's be honest. No one cares. Xbox fans only use it as a talking point for a list war and no one outside of that fanbase has said much about it. You never really see any real conversations about it. Certainly not conversations as if it's a big deal. People still talk about Knack more than Project Spark. Not to mention it's not a retail title as far as I know which is what most people discuss when talking about the Holiday lineup or really any quarter lineup. If we start getting into digital titles we all know who wins that battle just by sheer volume alone.

The nktrnl rumor was that Fable Legends is releasing sometime during Summer 2015. So there is the chance that it could be a May, June, or July release but that would still leave the first quarter barren and the second quarter questionable. Though I know I'm not the only one who was underwhelmed by what Microsoft showed of that game at E3. So far that guy has been spot on with what he revealed. So unless Microsoft has a surprise announcement at Gamescom for a big title releasing Early 2015, the X1 might end up getting smoked by a one-two punch of The Order and Bloodborne with either nothing to counter or countering too late to matter.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Spark has a "limited" retail starter pack, Its 40 dollars but I'm not sure.

Raven

Spark has a "limited" retail starter pack, Its 40 dollars but I'm not sure.

I would be surprised if a port-up of Beyond didn't sell more copies than a retail starter pack of Project Spark.