Ubisoft Q2 2014/2015 Results

Started by ethomaz, Oct 30, 2014, 07:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

Oct 30, 2014, 07:14 PM Last Edit: Oct 30, 2014, 07:32 PM by ethomaz
Ubisoft has released its financial report for the first-half of its FY15, with the firm noting a 65% increase in sales.

Sales for the first half of 2014-15 came to €484.2 million, up 65.1% compared with the €293.3 million year-over-year.

During Q2 of FY15, the firm reported €124.1 million in sales, a 42.9% decline, versus €217.7 million for the same period the prior year.

The press release highlighted 9 million sold-in units for Watch Dogs, which means shipped to stores, basically.

Ubisoft also highlighted digital sales growth of 90.4% with €134.7 million in revenue for the sector. Digital sales made up 27.8% of total sales for the period.

The firm's back catalog remained stable at €113.7 million, thanks to the performance of Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Far Cry 3 and Rayman Legends.

A call to investors will take place soon, and if anything interesting comes out of it, we'll let you know.

https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/comsite_common/en-US/images/d20141030043939ubisoft%20h1%20fy15%20earnings%20english%20finaltcm99181739.pdf

In a post-earnings conference call, Ubisoft executives took questions from investors and revealed a few details about their sales expectations for their upcoming slate of games. The Crew is expected to sell around 2 million units, while Far Cry 4 is projected to move more than 6 million copies in its first year. It's unclear whether that game will have the long tail of its predecessor, however. Far Cry 3 sold 6 million units in its first year, but has since managed lifetime sales of 10 million copies.

Ubisoft specifically pointed to its continued success of new IP Watch Dogs, which has now shipped over 9 million units. Additionally, the publisher cited a "firm back catalog" that generated €113.7 million, thanks to games like Assassin's Creed Black Flag, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Far Cry 3 and Rayman Legends. It's also important to note that Ubisoft's digital segment revenues increased 90.4 percent to €134.7 million (27.8 percent of total sales) - this was driven by digital distribution, DLC and in-game items and mobile titles.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-10-30-ubisoft-sees-sales-shrink-in-q2-but-rise-65-percent-for-first-half

Legend

PS4 bringing in the money!

ethomaz

PS4 bringing in the money!

The only console not losing to it old gen brother... well the old gen brother is the 2nd.

Amazing Vita performance on pair with 3DS :P

Dr. Pezus

ethomaz

And Watch Dogs 9 million shipped... so much for a disappointment.

People on VGC will need to eat 10 million Destiny before end of the year.

Legend

And Watch Dogs 9 million shipped... so much for a disappointment.

People on VGC will need to eat 10 million Destiny before end of the year.

Too bad that site is still down :(

DD_Bwest

wow  ps3/ps4 accounted for 40% of sales in q2.    compared to 25% for xb1/360.

and Wii beat the WiiU lol

ethomaz

wow  ps3/ps4 accounted for 40% of sales in q2.    compared to 25% for xb1/360.

and Wii beat the WiiU lol

Well only PS4 is the exception with PS4 > PS3.

360 beat Xbox One
Wii beat Wii U

Xevross

PS4 doing ubisoft massive favours. Do they want to rethink what they're doing with AC:U?

Very good WD shipments and it deserves it, great game. Didn't realise far cry was so popular. I'll probably get it for christmas this year as November is too full. Getting the Crew and AC: U too. dang, Ubisoft must love me hehe

DD_Bwest

Well only PS4 is the exception with PS4 > PS3.

360 beat Xbox One
Wii beat Wii U
yea but the xb1 and ps4 are a full year behind the WiiU. lol  in 12 months i would really hope the xb1 would be doing better then the 360 lol

darkknightkryta

Dat Sony beasting for Ubisoft.

ethomaz

Maths sometimes are god like.

PS4 68%
Xbox One 29%
Wii U 3%

Q2 Ubi ;)

Xevross

Maths sometimes are god like.

PS4 68%
Xbox One 29%
Wii U 3%

Q2 Ubi ;)

Now I see why Ubi discredit PS4 owners with the AC: U gimp. We obviously just don't support them enough

NeverDies

Haha, I just like the little 100%'s at the bottom.

"Well we decided to not include a 100% at the bottom because it's not all of our income. The Real Money comes from chicken farming!"
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

darkknightkryta

Haha, I just like the little 100%'s at the bottom.

"Well we decided to not include a 100% at the bottom because it's not all of our income. The Real Money comes from chicken farming!"

Now that you reminded me, what happened to that laser tag game they were making?