The last of us: RE, character models on par with cut scenes

Started by DD_Bwest, May 08, 2014, 04:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

DD_Bwest

"We brought in all the hi-res models, and then it's on par with what you saw in the cutscenes," Druckmann said, speaking about the upcoming PS4 release with EDGE. "There's an improved lighting model. After that, we started looking across the board; enemies look a little blurry up close, so that was pretty easy. We ramped those up and saw a pretty significant difference."

"Our cinematics are now running at 1080p and 60fps, and that involved rendering them all from scratch," he continued. "It's interesting that now [instead of a technical bottleneck], the bottleneck is 'Can we fit all this on the disc?'"

"Then there are some ideas of how to use the touchpad that we'll play with and see if it's worth it," he added. "Mostly we don't want to mess with the experience too much, and we don't want to deviate from what made The Last of Us so great."

- Neil Druckmann

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/the_last_of_us_remastered/news/the_last_of_us_ps4s_character_models_on_par_with_ps3_cutscene_models.html

7H3

cool beans if I have the extra money in my gaming budget when this comes out I might have to pick it up as I never played it in the first place... :-P
shameful
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Dr. Pezus

cool beans if I have the extra money in my gaming budget when this comes out I might have to pick it up as I never played it in the first place... :-P
shameful

GASP!
Heretic!

7H3

I'm sorry! I didn't know about the game until after it was out... by then it was too late... I had already wasted money on COD... and that game is horrible

nnodley

As a full on graphics joker!! I AM EXCITE!!  Got this on preorder and ready to go on release which I hope really is June 20th.  OR EARLIER

7H3

Sounds like the graphics should be amazing! I can't wait to see it. Sadly I don't think my gaming budget will allow me to get this game at release...