New Rime Details: "You don't kill monsters, it's getting away from Hollywood"

Started by ethomaz, Oct 21, 2014, 02:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

Found on GAF.

Quote from: CaVaYeRo
We could interview Raúl Rubio during last week's Madrid Games Week show. Here's full piece in Spanish with many artistic and gameplay comments/inspirations:

- Combines feelings of loneliness and discovery of classic films such as Jason and the Argonauts with childhood experience in the Mediterranean coasts.
- No combat, but you don't feel invincible, you know progress won't be easy. As a child, you are not aware of dangers.
- Original elements in puzzles, such as use of light or perspective (POV).
- Open world, but contained world. Tower isn't the end. It's the beginning, a surprise for players. "If you like exploration, I think you're going to love Rime. If you like to kill monsters, don't expect that". Comments on the industry itself, dev's role, moving away from Hollywood, learning from artists, finding limits of the medium.

http://www.gamereactor.es/articulos/197444/El+arte+de+Rime+-+Nac%ED+en+el+Mediterr%E1neo/

Some details:

We're probably getting full English version from our UK team soon-ish. Feel free to ask meanwhile :)

Hell yes.

kitler53

no combat?   hmm...

..i no longer expect this to review well. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Well the leaked details talked about health and starving. I don't think enemies are a big part of the game then.

NeverDies

It looks really interesting. Love the art style.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Raven

no combat?   hmm...

..i no longer expect this to review well. 

Remember Flower and Journey?

BasilZero

Aww ;(

But hey at least maybe it'll be original and may focus on the character survival against the environment? I can take that at least.

It sounds like kinda like LIMBO where you have to survive without actually fighting anything but using puzzles/objects or w/e to get through.

kitler53

Remember Flower and Journey?

remember last gen when reviews didn't focus 95% of the review on the game the reviewer wished they were playing instead of the game they were playing?

Raven

remember last gen when reviews didn't focus 95% of the review on the game the reviewer wished they were playing instead of the game they were playing?

Remember when you kissed my dog? :p

BananaKing

remember when you had an dog?

kitler53

krystal?!  is that you!!

Xevross

krystal?!  is that you!!

That post and avatar combination though :o

Sounds interesting, definitely one to try for me but not sure if I'll enjoy it

NeverDies

Even if I don't end up buying it, I'll still probably watch a Lets Play of it.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />