The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Viewing single post

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

the-pi-guy

Have you ever tried Trinus?
It does cost money, but there is a trial version.

Well that's certainly the case now, but what about once we have headsets with perfect resolution, depth, focus, etc. The environment could be bland without any interesting geometry yet your brain would still perceive it as a physical object instead of a TV object imo.
I still think you could make a game that doesn't feel like you're in a world.  
Maybe with really good headsets, you'd almost have to go out of your way to do it, though.  

I so badly want to make a 3D model of my living room using photogammetry and try it out in VR. I feel like it'd be really strange feeling. Last time I looked into it though it'd take too much work to be worth it.
I've thought about this too.  
It'd probably be incredibly surreal, especially if you could do stuff like changing lighting.

The worst game that I played in VR was Adventure Time.  I'm not sure if there was another game, but this is the one that I know I didn't feel like I was actually in the world.  I feel like a lot of the problem was that the camera was too high up.  Or maybe there wasn't enough going on in the environment.  
Oddly though, I remember being more impressed when I tried playing it a second time.  

Lucky's Tale actually has great presence.  
Like if you go underground, everything feels smaller and a bit claustrophobic.