Super Mario Odyssey review thread: 97 mc (67 reviews) 98 oc (51 reviews)

Started by Legend, Oct 26, 2017, 02:01 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Legend

the-pi-guy

Xevross

97 meta. It's an absolutely incredible score yet most of us were expecting it, 3D Mario is just so consistent. Well congratulations Nintendo, I'll be picking this up for sure

Xbro

Though a really neat game, Super Mario Odyssey is an utterly underwhelming adventure for every long-term Super Mario fan in existence. Unless Cappy brainwashed you. In that case, you are a satisfied zombie customer now. No, seriously, only a zombie would find a healthy challenge in this pleasant but disappointingly easy Super Mario Walk-in-the-park. Sorry - Odyssey.

From Play! Zine

Lmao. Pack it up. We're all zombies.
3 people like this

the-pi-guy

Though a really neat game, Super Mario Odyssey is an utterly underwhelming adventure for every long-term Super Mario fan in existence. Unless Cappy brainwashed you. In that case, you are a satisfied zombie customer now. No, seriously, only a zombie would find a healthy challenge in this pleasant but disappointingly easy Super Mario Walk-in-the-park. Sorry - Odyssey.

From Play! Zine

Lmao. Pack it up. We're all zombies.
Even though he gave it a pretty good score...  

It's not Dark Souls - 7/10.  

the-pi-guy

I'm going to become a reviewer just so I can:

Give games really good reviews, give it a bad score though.  

Give games really bad reviews, give it a 10.  

"Final remarks: I'm sorry but you'd have to be some kind of moron to like this game. -10/10."

"Final remarks: this is easily the best game I've played my life.  Can't recommend enough -1/10."

Cute Pikachu

So I went out and bought the Mario Odyssey Switch because I can't help myself.
Mario is spectacular. I just finished the Cascade Kingdom and it's insane how much you can do early on.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Controlling the T-REX is hype
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

DerNebel

I also bought Mario, but I decided to not buy a whole nother console with it. ;)

I was kinda surprised that I would have easily had the option though, at 6pm the store still had a good amount of Odyssey Switches left. Standalone the game was almost sold out.