Horizon Zero Dawn

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Feb 02, 2017, 04:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Xevross

Feb 16, 2017, 07:41 PM Last Edit: Feb 16, 2017, 07:46 PM by Xevross
With all these really positive impressions I'm definitely confident this game will get a 90+ meta.
I'm not. The story could drop massively in quality towards the second half of the game (a la FFXV) or the combat could start feeling repetitive, the side quests could get repetitive or the quality of voice acting and dialogue could drop off etc.

Past games have taught me that you can't judge a game until you've finished it. I already gave FFXV as an example, I was loving that game in the open world section and was thinking it was probably a high 8 or 9/10 and then it dramatically fell apart and became more of a 6 or 7/10. I had a smiliar feeling for Far Cry Primal too, in the first ~10 hours of the game I was loving it and saying on here that I have no idea why it scored so low... and then I got super bored and never got round to finishing it in the end.

I'm quite confident it will be 85+ now and certainly 80+, but whether it will be 90+ I just don't know right now. I'm not willing to fall into super hype mode and be confident it will score amazingly quite yet.