Jaguar
Something between the two
Zen
a sexy, smoothly peeled potato

Linked Events

Go Down

ethomaz

No Kinect used a custom port.
He is talking about some HDMI that original XB1 has bit S and Scorpio not.

Mmm_fish_tacos

And there's the catch! Most powerful console no HDMI out port. Who needs to see what your doing anyway? lol.

BananaKing

Confusion is Microsoft's best tool.  And it shows how desperate they are.  they confuse people into thinking they're outselling the ps4 WW using pr from NPD.  They confused people into thinking the xbox slim was a 4k gaming comsole.  And I'm sure they'll try and confuse people into thinking this is next gen.

One thing they can't confuse people with though.  And that's all the awesome Playstation and Nintendo exclusives aren't on xbox.
umm no. what you are saying is just way out there. yes, MS's PR department has said some rather ridiculous spins, but thats their job, to pain the company in the best position possible. but implying that their entire marketing efforts are based on "confusion" is simply false and rather ridiculous. they have done a solid job into repositioning the xbox one as a dedicated game machine since their stumbles with that early in the gen. and while the state of their first party now isnt all that, they did provide a range of exclusives to help position the console in line with what they are trying to sell. SO, Halo 5, Gears, Forza Horizon2/3, Forza 6 are some games they used to push the console. not just "confusion".

Tachikoma

I'm finding it hard to be hyped for this when it's maximum is 6tf and my PC currently has a max of 33.9tf via SLI :P

Mmm_fish_tacos

I'm finding it hard to be hyped for this when it's maximum is 6tf and my PC currently has a max of 33.9tf via SLI :P

ethomaz

I remember when console at launch was at least on par with high-end PCs. 4.2TFs or 6TFs are mid-end PCs with RX480.

Tachikoma

Apr 08, 2017, 01:13 PM Last Edit: Apr 08, 2017, 01:15 PM by Tachikoma
I remember when console at launch was at least on par with high-end PCs. 4.2TFs or 6TFs are mid-end PCs with RX480.
It's just funny to me, because for a long time now Microsoft have been teasing the Scorpio like it's some incredible piece of hardware.
It's faster than the PS4 Pro, no doubt, and will likely have a price that reflects that too (unless Microsoft are willing to take a major hit per console), but in the grand scheme of things, it isn't even impressive, and doesn't do anything to remedy the issue of there being very little to play.

It amounts to little more than a hollow move to use "most powerful console ever" taglines in marketing, which will do very little to push the Xbox brand forward.

I'd have been much, much happier if they had spent all that R and D money on making games.

the-pi-guy

I'd guess MS's current plan is to coast off third party games and their giant franchises.  
Sounds like they barely have any games coming up.

nnodley

I'd guess MS's current plan is to coast off third party games and their giant franchises.  
Yeah I saw one of shinobi's tweets to someone saying they don't have much in the pipeline.

There would have to be some super compelling games that I would want to play with scorpio.  But I'm hoping to upgrade my PC at some point and now all their games are gonna be coming to pc most likely

darkknightkryta

I still don't know why they don't pull the trigger and make the equivalent of a steam box.  It'll be everything they want, an easy way to get Windows into the living room.  Instead they're doing the opposite.

Legend

Apr 08, 2017, 03:18 PM Last Edit: Apr 08, 2017, 03:20 PM by Legend
Might as well make this post here. I've been thinking about it for a while.

I already went through and made a list for every announced XBOX exclusive going into E3 and found this year had half of what every other year had, but how many games need to be announced at E3 to make up for that?

Here are all the announced exclusives after every E3.

E3 2013:
Forza 5
Ryse
Quantum Break
Killer Instinct
Project Spark
Kinect Sports Rivals
D4
Halo 5
Dead Rising 3
Titanfall
Sunset Overdrive
(11)

E3 2014:
Quantum Break
Project Spark
D4
Halo 5
Sunset Overdrive
Fable Legends
Forza Horizon 2
Dance Central Spotlight
Phantom Dust
Crackdown 3
Scalebound
Shape Up
(12)

E3 2015:
Quantum Break
Halo 5
Fable Legends
Crackdown 3
Scalebound
Forza 6
Rise of the Tomb Raider
ReCore
Sea of Thieves
Gears 4
(10)

E3 2016:
Crackdown 3
Scalebound
ReCore
Sea of Thieves
Gears 4
Halo Wars 2
Dead Rising 4
Forza Horizon 3
State of Decay 2
(9)

Predicting E3 2017:
Crackdown 3
Sea of Thieves
State of Decay 2
*Forza 7
*Halo 6
*New Rare game, hinted by Shinobi
*Third party exclusive

I'm sure I'm missing some but more or less MS needs to announce 6 new big exclusives to tie with last year, and 8 new exclusives to match their average. Will be super interesting to see if they've been holding back and want to announce a lot of far off games for Scorpio or if XBOX exclusives aren't a priority anymore.

Legend

ethomaz

Any news in the video or just the same found in articles???

Legend

Any news in the video or just the same found in articles???
A lot more reasonable talk in my opinion. Very clearly states 30 fps games on XBO will still be 30 fps on Scorpio with rare exceptions.

DerNebel

I'm expecting Forza 7, Halo 6 and Ori 2 from MS' E3 this year, aside from that I'm drawing a total blank.

Go Up