E3 2018 countdown, get hype yo

Started by Legend, Mar 06, 2018, 04:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

Yeah Frontier space is bigger than Microsoft :o

Sony and Nintendo are absolutely huge, woah.
Microsoft is having some demos on their E3 stage.

Same stage Nintendo used to do.
Related image

Horizon

May 07, 2018, 02:38 PM Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 03:58 PM by Legend
These are my thoughts which I posted on another forum:

First party as the driver:

Expect games like the Last Of Us Part 2, Death Stranding, Days Gone, Ghost of Tsushuima and Dreams to feature heavily in this conference. TLOU 2, Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima all should have gameplay unveilings which is very excited considering the pedigree of all 3 developers and all 3 games are completely different from each other eschewing the narrative that Sony games are similar. Days Gone will have a trailer as we have seen two gameplay showings but it should have a release date and should be playable on the show floor. Expect early Q1 release date. Dreams will also get a beta to try and convince gamers on its untapped potential. Oh how could I also forget Spider-man, which I expect to receive another trailer.

As for unannounced stuff it is a little trickier as most of their first party has announced their games. Japan Studio are heavily rumoured to be working on a sci-fi RPG whilst Manchester studio should have a new VR game to announce. You cannot also rule out a Fromsoft and Japan Studio collaboration on another project but it won't be Bloodborne 2; sorry folks not happening yet. There are also rumours of Devil May Cry 5 being console exclusive, so well will see about that. Sony could easily hire quality devs as we have seen with Insomniac, Quantic Dream and Kojima Productions.

Whilst 1st party will dominate a lot of this conference you will still see a good amount of third party titles. We will see the new Call of Duty and potentially a trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2. As for other third party I expect to see Kingdom Hearts 3 with a good showing and a game from Ubisoft to show up, probably Watch Dogs 3 since the first two were aligned with Playstation. I don't expect them to lean as heavily as Microsoft on 3rd party as the PS4 is the defacto mulitplatform system as it's the highest selling console by some margin.

As always we will see some new VR games but it is hard to state whether they will have a big impact or be the weaker points of the conference. Hopefully PSN name changes too lol.

All in all I expect a similar conference to last year with one or two announcements but the first gameplay for TLOU PT 2, Death Stranding and GoT will make it noticeably better and will once again highlight that Sony investments into high quality single player games continues to pays dividends.

Legend

DD_Bwest

sony wont have a traditional press confrence this year. sounds like its closer to a direct

Legend

PlayStation E3 2018 Showcase Details (DS, GoT, Spider-Man, TLOU2); June 11 at 6 PM PT | ResetEra

Mod Edit: UPDATEhttps://blog.us.playstation.com/201...-the-journey-begins-june-11-at-600pm-pacific/  
It's been an exceptional year for games, thanks to genre-defining masterworks like A Way Out, Far Cry 5, God of War, Monster Hunter: World, and Moss. But 2018 is just getting started. To ring in a new year of incredible new gaming experiences, the PlayStation team is planning a new E3 Showcase -- and we're inviting all of our closest friends. That means you!Join us on Monday, June 11 starting at 6:00pm Pacific Time as we share a preview of what's next for PlayStation. We'll broadcast the show live from E3 2018 in Los Angeles, California via live.playstation.com, Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook.In a rare break from tradition, we wanted to give you an early glimpse at what to expect heading into the Showcase on June 11. PlayStation's Worldwide Studios will be at E3 in full force to provide you with an exclusive look at four upcoming titles: Death Stranding from Kojima Productions, Ghost of Tsushima from Sucker Punch, Marvel's Spider-Man from Insomniac Games, and The Last of Us Part II from Naughty Dog.Of course, we'll have stellar announcements from third-party publishers and independent developers, who are all busy devising innovative new experiences that will make your heart race and your emotions soar -- whether you're playing on PS4, PS4 Pro, or PS VR. Stay tuned to PlayStation.Blog to learn a bit more about what's in store as we count down to June 11, 2018 and another exciting E3 season. Our journey begins Monday, June 11 starting at 6:00pm Pacific time. Will you join us?Click to expand...
via Nibel Expy said:  
https://soundcloud.com/playstation/playstation-blogcast-episode-292-e3-showcase-preview Segment starts around 5:50. From Shawn Layden:
  • Monday, June 11th 2018, details coming soon
  • Exclusive looks and deep dives on 4 upcoming Sony World Wide Studios titles
  • Death Stranding
  • Ghosts of Tsushima
  • Spider-Man
  • The Last of Us Part II
  • Highlight on indies
  • 3rd party publishers (as usual)
  • No hardware announcements at E3 2018 (PS5 reference?)
They will be live streaming (as usual), nothing leads me to believe they won't have a traditional conference. They did say more info would come for the actual conference soon.Click to expand...
So don't expect any first party game announcements.

Sounds like they learned from last year. Death stranding gameplay!!!

Mmm_fish_tacos

Going to be lame.

Dr. Pezus

nnodley

Going to be lame.
Not at all!  Gameplay from Death Stranding, Ghost, and TLOU 2 will be enough for me.  The rest is cake.  Yes new announcements are awesome, but we have so many games announced with no gameplay yet.

Legend

Going to be lame.
2017 was lame. Hopefully this is less lame.

Wonder if this is from new management or a reaction to last year.

the-pi-guy

Xevross

Yeah I guess they knew they had nothing new to announce so went to a format which will work best for that. Sounds great to me. We can look elsewhere for exciting new announcements and know not to get any hopes up for Sony.

BananaKing

Those 4 are enough to have a stage show around alongside third part stuff.

I'm now not expecting anything new but they should at least have a show.

TLoU2 + Death Stranding gameplay is enough for me to get extremely excited.

DerNebel

May 11, 2018, 03:33 PM Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 03:59 PM by DerNebel
What first party games where you even expecting them to announce? Or better yet, which first party studios where you expecting to announce any games? The only potential candidate is pretty much Japan Studios, everybody else either already announced or recently released their games.

the-pi-guy

Or better yet, which first party studios where you expecting to announce any games?
Sony's new Manchester Studio (It's 3 years old, I'm sure it has something), Sony London is pretty much as big as Sony Japan (although with hardly any recent AAA titles), Sony's new Mateo Studio, and Sony Japan is huge.  

Not to mention that it could be a good place to show off 2nd and 3rd party games.  

Legend

Sony's new Manchester Studio (It's 3 years old, I'm sure it has something), Sony London is pretty much as big as Sony Japan (although with hardly any recent AAA titles), Sony's new Mateo Studio, and Sony Japan is huge.  

Not to mention that it could be a good place to show off 2nd and 3rd party games.  
The show will have 3rd party reveals. I think it's just a normal e3 but with us knowing which Sony games will be there. Like mS gamescom 2015.

Go Up