Spiderman: bet on the metacritic

Started by Legend, Aug 22, 2018, 03:36 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

I like your confidence.

If this game is 90+ I'll freak out. Its harder for this type of game to achieve 90+ so it would mean its truly exceptional.
I just hope they review it for what it is and not for what it's not. It's a superhero game and seems to excel at that!

Legend

I updated the OP. Wholly molly we're all over the place!

Also if you're not in the OP, please post 3 scores instead of just 1!

Xevross

I updated the OP. Wholly molly we're all over the place!

Also if you're not in the OP, please post 3 scores instead of just 1!
We are more spread out than the past few. Average seems to be about where I am, I guess that's expected.

I really wouldn't be surprised if this game fell anywhere in these ranges, there's so many more variables here compared to GoW where I was very confident of 92+. If they nail everything and the story is good then it could reach GoW's 94. Or if they don't make a good story and there's lots of repetitive open world tropes that get more annoying as you play the game, it could slump to low 80s.

kitler53

I like your confidence.

If this game is 90+ I'll freak out. Its harder for this type of game to achieve 90+ so it would mean its truly exceptional.
1. an obnoxious amount of review paragraphs and score contribution will be dedicated to "web slinging".  so long as that feels good many other flaws will be forgiven.  based on videos i think the web slinging looks really good.

2. "this type of game" is semi-irrelevant.   spiderman will have a benefit where things like mad max do not in that "casuals" are already inclined to love the game even if it is a bad game.   ..because spiderman.

i don't think this game will get many (if any) 10s.  but the more casual review sites will be very forgiving of this game compared to other games on the market just because it is spiderman.  i basically expect a crud load of 9s and a few 9.5s to bring up the average.   few if anything will be below 8.

my opinion.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Cool press kit

Dr. Pezus

Cool press kit
90+ confirmed?

Legend

90+ confirmed?
Not too late to change your prediction.

And am I the only one not interested in buying this yet? At the very least I'm waiting till Christmas.

Dr. Pezus

And am I the only one not interested in buying this yet? At the very least I'm waiting till Christmas.
Probably.
I can't wait to swing around as Spidey again. Hope it doesn't get old!

the-pi-guy

No I'll probably be getting it after you.

BananaKing

I'm waiting till it's like 10 bucks. And honestly I dont mind never playing this.

Legend

No I'll probably be getting it after you.
I'm waiting till it's like 10 bucks. And honestly I dont mind never playing this.
Flop confirmed

I'd be fine waiting for ps+ too.

nnodley

y'all are fudgy weird.  DAY fudgy ONE!!

Dr. Pezus

Indeed

Xevross

ikr, this is the game I am by far the most hyped for in the rest of 2019.

Kerotan

Reviews out in 2 days?

Go Up